- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Died:||13 March 2845|
|Archon of the Lyran Commonwealth|
|Parents||Richard Steiner (father)|
Archon of the Lyran Commonwealth
One of Marcus's first acts as Archon was to convince the Estates-General to pass his father's Reclamation Act of 2823, which required that ComStar's profits and property be taxed like any other business operating in the Lyran Commonwealth, his father's response to tensions between himself and Primus Conrad Toyama after the leader of ComStar virtually blackmailed Richard into HPG transmission rate increases. 
Shortly before the first tax bill was due, on October 3rd 2823 Toyama and the First Circuit passed Exclusion of Tharkad Act, ComStar's first Communications Interdiction against one of the Successor States. A copy of the act was transmitted to Tharkad and delivered to the Marcus, followed by the shutdown and disabling of the capital's Hyperpulse Generator.  Before Marcus could even respond, all ComStar personnel were safely evacuated off world. In one fell swoop Toyama had shown all the House Lords that he was not afraid to use ComStar's power. The Interdiction lasted almost a full year with little communication between the Commonwealth and ComStar before Marcus eventually bowed to public pressure in the fall of 2824 and asked the Estates General to rescind the Act. Within 72 hours of the announcement, the Tharkad HPG was again active and processing.
illness and Death
Whilst away staging a new offensive against the Free Worlds League in November 2843, Marcus contracted Meningitis. Although he was rushed back to Tharkad and given the best medical treatment Marcus slipped into a coma and eventually died on 13 March 2845.
|“||Good God, how can you trust anyone you respect?||”|
|— Archon Marcus Steiner, hearing of the 65th Lyran Regulars' disappearance into the Periphery, in Marcus Steiner: A Profile, by Ludvilla Michos, Commonwealth Historical Press, 2849|
Titel and Position
|Archon of the Lyran Commonwealth
| Succeeded by|
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 42 - "History of the Lyran Alliance - Second Succession War (2830-2864) - Dark Succession"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 96, "Lyran Leadership Profile"
- ComStar, p. 20 "A New Order - The Word of Blake"
- ComStar, p. 21 "A New Order - The Word of Blake"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 56, "Tales Of Grimm"