Character Description
Margaret was shown to possess high intelligence and an industrious mind. She was not shy of the media.
 Character History
 Early Life & Career
Oldest daughter of Lady Margaret Steward and Director-General Michael Cameron, Margaret grew up in the political limelight of being the child of the ruler a interstellar empire. Unlike her father, she enjoyed it, verses her father's dislike for politics.
At age 17, she was married to young industrialist heir, Alexander Ellis in 2347. Five years later, her Father passed the Cameron's Edict of 2351, which cemented her family control of the Hegemony and paved way for her becoming his successor. Also, the edict restored her family name, she would rule as a Cameron, not her husband's name.
During her marriage, she joined the Hegemony Armed Force Navy, where she showed to have inherited her father intelligence and intensity. After 10 years of service, she retired to raise her children with her husband.
As she was raising her children, she remains active politics.
In 2567, her father retires from office. The Hegemony's High Councilors take only hour deliberate succession until they choose her as nominee. They again put her name for public to vote on, and only need month to voter her as 3rd Director-General of the Hegemony.
 As Director-General of the Terran Hegemony
 The Recruitment and Preparedness Bill
In her first year of office, 2567, Lady Margaret issue her first political business, Military Recruitment and Preparedness Bill. The bill mandates that all citizens in the Terran Hegemony from age 55 and younger must draft into their respective world's planetary Militia. Serving as a reserve service member for month each year, she wanted to free up professional volunteer soldiers and elite service members to not forces. He bill also issued rifles to citizens living on border worlds. She disputed that individuals pacifist by nature, the would be allow to serve in different ways.
Her bill had its objectors, where high ranking officers feared part-time troops would water down their force's skills. While business complained their respective fields would be effected with their work force leaving for military service. Not wanting to take any flank from her objectors, she threaten to by pass the Terran Congress and bring her bill to the people whom in large and large did not object to serving as a whole.
 Military Development of HAF & Technology Export Restrictions
During her rule, Hegemony's military developed new technologies. The Aegis Class Heavy Cruiser and first attempts to Drop Pods, called Drop Pallets, which were designed vessels in orbit to drop Tanks and other equipment from orbit.
Lady Margaret continue pursue her family interest in science, where her reign led to very first commercial Industrial Mechs and advancement in mining technology. Her initiatives in science brought a technology boom in Hegemony and allowed average citizen's standard of living to rise. However, Lady Margaret kept tight led on new technology advances from Hegemony's interstellar neighbors. She wanted to honor her father and first Director-General James McKenna's desires of Hegemony becoming technology beacon of humanity. During her late in her reign, she directed directed inititive find solution to luming problem of resource limitation and trying keep the Hegemony from going to war over resources. Answer came from planetary engineer David Ocrassa, whom presented anwser; Jointly Rules Worlds. If successful, the Hegemony would be able access new resouces from these jointly owned worlds with friendly powers. Hegemony would initiate this by terraforming unihabitable worlds that lie in their treaty holder's space. This begun a venture that would help Hegemony from becoming resource starved and losing its technological edge over its neighbors.
Pressure from her interstellar neighbors continue to mount, so address military and Hegemony's Research think tank's concerns, she created the Mother Doctrine in 2380. The doctrine applied restriction on advance and military technologies from being exported to foreign powers.
 Decline and her Retirement
In February 2380, Lady Margaret was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Her disease made her feeble, she felt she could no longer rule after two years fighting it into remission. She then suggested that her held son Raymond should be voted as he successor.
 Family & Legacy
Margaret had three children with her husband Alexander. Raymond in 2348, two other children ten years later in the 2350s named Brian and Judith. All her children would become Director-General at one point in their lives.
 Titles & Positions
|Director-General of the Terran Hegemony
| Succeeded by|
Her time as a Hegemony Naval Officer, and raising of her children come into semi-conflict with the original sourcebook's wording. Its written that she retired from the service to raise her children, it does not specify if she retires in 2356 when her later two children are born. Her first child was born in 2348, year after she was married at age 18.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 182 Cameron Family Tree - Margaret's birth, death and reign listed by years.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 22 Lady Margaret Cameron - Chrematistics of Margaret Cameron.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, 22, 182 - Family tree shows Margaret and Alexander with on year difference in age. Too young running corporation by age 16. She had been married 5 years when her father passed her edict which allowed her Cameron name be restored to her.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 22, Lady Margaret Cameron - Margaret Life and Career up to her appointment as Director-General.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 22-23 Lady Margaret Cameron - Highlights of her rule during her technology embargo on sanative tech.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 27 JOINT-OWNERSHIP OF WORLDS - Margaret would assign a engineer that would help solve advoicing in getting Hegemony into conflict.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook p. 25 Raymond Cameron - Margaret's rules ends with cancer, she advocates her son Raymond should take her place.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 182 Family Tree - her children and all listed as Director-Generals.
- ↑ Star League sourcebook, p. 22, 182 Lady Margaret Cameron & Family Tree - Original text shows family begun in 2348 at age 18, however she retires from Naval service after 10 years.