- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3073)|
|CO||Colonel Zane Cole|
The Martian Cuirassiers were formed in 3003 by Jon Webb, the owner of a private mining cooperation at the behest of his son, Elliot. They worked primarily as a defensive unit and due to their good connections managed to avoid any major fighting, causing many to consider them a "Paper Tiger". The unit was often assigned to garrison contracts or diplomatic escort duties. By the mid 3020s the Cuirassiers had fought in only five major engagements fighting for the Free Worlds League. Later they took a string of pirate hunting contracts on the League's border. 
The Cuirassiers fought during Operation Guerrero for the Styk Commonality. Their task was to secure Gan Singh. The unit completed their objectives, but sustained heavy losses, including the loss of most of their aerospace assets and the death of their commander Ricardo Webb.
In 3067 the Cuirassiers disappeared from the radar; they were last seen on Fletcher and were subsequently listed as wanted by the MRBC after accepting employment from the Word of Blake. They were suspected to have raided Lesalles in 3072. They also worked alongside the Word of Blake's Eleventh Division and the 47th Shadow Division and also along the mercenary units Bullard's Armored Cavalry and the Gray's Ghosts when they assaulted Galatea.
The Martian Cuirassiers remained in the employ of the Word of Blake until their destruction on Hall on the 3rd of April 3073. Despite being wanted by the MRBC, the Cuirassiers were actually destroyed by their own employer. The Word of Blake's 52nd Shadow Division destroyed the Cuirassiers as an unexpectedly harsh response to a contract dispute. Documents recovered after the end of the Jihad indicated that the Cuirassiers refused an order to destroy the city of Bastrop as an "object lesson" for the citizens of Hall. The Fifty-second interpreted this as "breach of contract" and destroyed the Cuirassiers.
|Commanding Officers of the Martian Cuirassiers|
Ricardo's son Estefan was expected to take over command later and inherit his father's legacy once he came to age.
The Cuirassiers were known to have had full technical support, but they lacked any transport assets.
Dragoon Rating: C
Martian Cuirassiers (Battalion/Green)
- CO: Major Elliot Webb
- Three companies of Medium 'Mechs with Heavy Fighter, armor, and infantry support
Martian Cuirassiers (Battalion/Green/Questionable)
Martian Cuirassiers(1 Battalion/Veteran/Questionable)
- Co/1st Company: Colonel Zane Cole
- XO/2nd Company: Major Estefan Webb
- 3rd Company: Captain Arlene Mosiro
- Many medium designs with 50% upgrades
Ares' Swords(2 Battalions/Regular/Questionable)
- Armor CO: Major Virginia Helsi
- Infantry CO: Major Juan Webb
- Contains 1 Battalion each of armor and infantry plus a heavy aerospace Wing.
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 50
- 20 Year Update, p. 19
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 20
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 100
- Total Chaos, p. 113-114, "GALATEA"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 109
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League),p.109
- Historical: Brush Wars, p.87
- 20-Year Update, p. 20