Mauser 1200 Light Support System
The Mauser 1200 Light Support System is a derivative of the Mauser 960 Assault System used by the Word of Blake. In the wake of the ComStar Schism the Word of Blake, in cooperation with arms manufacturers in the Free Worlds League, updated the venerable design by removing the cumbersome survival kit while keeping the Vibroblade and six-shot Compact Grenade Launcher. While this allowed them to increase the intensity and armor-piercing capability of the laser rifle, during automatic firing tests it drained the power pack at an unacceptable rate, forcing the design team to reduce the rifle's rate of fire to a more energy-efficient level. At its introduction the Word of Blake issued the new Mauser 1200s to its elite troops, including most of their newly re-fielded Nighthawk battlesuit squads.
- Item: Mauser 1200 LSS
- Equipment Rating: E/X-X-E/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 4E/4B
- Range: 55/170/365/740 meters
- Power Points per Shot: 5
- Cost/Reload: 10000/-
- Affiliation: CS
- Mass/Reload: 11kg/-
- Notes: Burst 5; Recoil 0; Includes detachable Vibroblade and Compact Grenade Launcher
- Combat Equipment, pp. 10-11, "Mauser 1200 Light Support System"
- A Time of War, p. 267