Mauser IIC Infantry Assault System
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Mauser IIC Infantry Assault System is a derivative of the Mauser 960 Assault System created by the Clans. Unlike in the Inner Sphere, where the Mauser 960 became extinct outside ComStar stockpiles, the Clans maintained a sizable supply and were able to restart a limited production of it following their settlement of the Kerensky Cluster. The original weapon remained in production until just after the start of the thirty-first century, when Clan technicians introduced the improved Mauser IIC. This Extended Range Laser weapon maintains the extensive survival kit of the original along with the detachable Vibroblade and six-shot Compact Grenade Launcher. However, it's also heavier and more cumbersome than the already-massive Mauser 960, and even with an integral shoulder strap, the Mauser IIC is difficult to wield. The Mauser IIC sees the most widespread use among Clans which still maintain elite unarmored infantry forces.
- Item: Mauser IIC IAS
- Equipment Rating: F/X-F-E/F
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 4E/5
- Range: 90/300/700/1400 meters
- Power Points per Shot: 5
- Cost/Reload: 18000/-
- Affiliation: Clan
- Mass/Reload: 12kg/-
- Notes: Encumbering; Includes detachable Vibroblade and Grenade Launcher
- Combat Equipment, p. 11, "Mauser IIC Infantry Assault System"
- A Time of War, p. 267