|Manufacturer||Blue Nose Clipperships|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clan|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Top Thrust||2.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||37|
|Armament|| 12 x NAC/40s |
12 x NL55s
6 x AR-10 Launchers
48 x Heavy NPPC
|Grav Decks||3 (2 x 45m, 1x75m diametral)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||30/30|
|Heat Sinks||6,325 (double)|
Far and away the most well known WarShip, the McKenna battleship has served for over 400 years as a symbol of martial power and prowess. The class was designed and introduced by Blue Nose Clipperships of Mars in 2652 and quickly became the pride of the fleet, winning two Martial Olympiads in a row (in 2696 and 2700) and considered by many to be the highlight of their military service. An astounding 280 McKennas, nearly two per year, were put into service before the fall of the Star League, but by the time General Aleksandr Kerensky left on the Exodus only 18 remained to leave with him. Carrying the heaviest arsenal ever mounted on a WarShip and some of the heaviest armor of the time, this time-tested battleship is finally becoming outclassed.
In the forward arcs the McKenna carries primarily Naval Autocannons and Lasers of the largest order, able to smash almost any other vessel in a single strike. Several AR-10 Capital Missile tubes, capable of launching any type of missile available, dot the surface of the McKenna and give the ship the armor piercing power necessary to face off with other Battleships and heavy Cruisers. The broadsides are where the real firepower lies, with 12 Heavy Naval PPC's on each side. Able to strike targets hundreds of kilometers away with extreme precision, they are split into groups of four to help concentrate their firepower against enemies. The aft quarters are similarly armed and directly aft are additional NAC/40's, NL55's, and AR-10's to deter pursuit and flanking maneuvers.
Six docking collars provide the McKenna with its own personal DropShip escort and 50 aerospace fighters ensure only the brave or the foolish get within fighter range of the vessel and protect it from mass attacks by enemy fighters. The McKenna lacks any surface mounted conventional weaponry, a sign of the times that it was designed and deployed in.
- Bay 1: 25 Fighters
- Bay 2: 25 Fighters
- Bay 3: 16 Small Craft, Cargo
 Named Vessels
- SLS McKenna's Pride - Equipped as a specialised command ship, the SLS McKenna's Pride led the SLDF Commanding General's squadron, one of three line squadrons within the SLDF First Fleet during the Star League era, and was the only one of the six such specialised vessels to survive the Amaris Civil War. In orbit around Strana Mechty and maintained by all of the Clans; Aleksandr Kerensky's tomb.
- Star League
 See Also
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 312
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 162, "McKenna WarShip Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 46, "First Fleet"
- ↑ Betrayal of Ideals, p. 25