|X:Y Coordinates||-134.901 : -322.172[e]|
- 2571 - Free Worlds League 
- 2577 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3062 - Free Worlds League 
- 3130 - Independent world 
During the Reunification War, the world of Meadowvale acted as a Star League Defense Force marshalling yard and was a key world in the supply chain for the task force based around the SLDF's VII Corps tasked with conquering the nearby Magistracy of Canopus. Meadowvale had been hotly contested by the Capellan Confederation during the 2nd Andurien War, during which time the Free Worlds League Military had established at least one large base on the world; the facilities on Meadowvale had been further expanded by the Star League as a result of the Border Guards Agreement, and by 2578 there were six major supply caches on the planet, with the largest being Camp Torrence.
The garrison on Meadowvale consisted of two regiments of SLDF second-line troops, primarily a mixture of armor and infantry, backed up by a small assortment of BattleMechs including a number of the unusual Helepolis 'Mech artillery. While adequate for most garrison duties, the garrison wasn't equipped or prepared for the arrival of a substantial raiding party from the Magistracy Armed Forces which arrived in-system on the 9th of January 2578. The raid on Meadowvale was the largest of the raids conducted by the MAF in 2578, and the most destructive; the raiding force consisted of four mercenary units operating under MAF colours: Kincani's Dragoons, Mieselsen's Marauders, Samuelson's Slaughterers and Buquoy's Bandits under the command of Colonel Adam Buquoy - the commander of the MAF.
The four short regiments totalled nine battalions between them, and while the MAF units lost the element of surprise after the nadir jump point cargo station managed to transmit a warning before the MAF assault force managed to capture the station, there was little the SLDF garrison could do to prepare. While plans existed for defending the supply caches, the units were singularly unprepared to implement them; it was this lack of preparation that had been highlighted in intelligence received by Buqouy and which drove him to press the attack quickly and aggressively. The Bandits were the spearhead unit, attacking Camp Torrence directly on the 13th of January; they quickly destroyed the defending Helepolis 'Mechs but the armor elements of the garrison put up a dogged resistance, preventing the complete destruction of the camp. Buqouy continued to attack the SLDF forces as reinforcements for the garrison converged on the Bandits, whilst ordering the other mercenary units to attack the other supply caches scattered around the planet. In doing so, Buquoy and the bandits fought a five-hour battle that tied up the bulk of the garrison forces, allowing the other mercenary units to destroy the other supply caches and escape intact; only a company of the Bandits escaped off-world, including Buqouy, leaving twenty-five of their number as prisoners in the hands of the FWLM (who would later be interned on Oriente) and with the mission a success.
The Meadowvale attack was another shocking surprise for the SLDF task force, coming hot on the heels of the Canopian naval ambush at Vakarel and the rapid redeployments that had bloodied VII Corps on Cranston. While the loss of the supplies was a major blow to the SLDF operations, more damaging was the knowledge that the theatre of operations was no longer confined to the Magistracy itself; in addition to Meadowvale, MAF forces had also struck at the supply caches on the worlds of Ayn Tarma, Granera and Saonara, and highlighted that the SLDF would need to defend rear areas previously considered safe. This again forced a change in the SLDF strategy, with the SLDF commander, Captain-General Marion Marik ordering a temporary cessation of hostilities while supply routes were reorganised, escorts arranged and garrisons bolstered. The raid on Meadowvale also bought the MAF six months to rebuild and rearm.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 148, "Magistracy Of Canopus Front(Jump-Off - 2582)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 99, "Meadowvale (January 2578)"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 93, "Magistracy of Canopus after Age of War  and fall of the Star League "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 94, "Reunification War: Magistracy of Canopus Front Deployments (2577)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130