Mechanized Field Artillery
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Field Artillery Battalion,
Seventy-first Mechanized, 2nd Sword of Light
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Mechanized/Wheeled|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||24 (6/4)|
|Primary Weapon||16 TK Assault Rifles|
|Secondary Weapon||8 Semi-Portable Autocannons|
|Armor||Draconis Combine Standard Infantry Kit|
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (C/X-D-D)|
|Transport Weight||40 tons|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||–1 (0 Hex), 0 (1 Hex), +2 (2 Hexes), +4 (3 hexes)|
Traditional field artillery exists even in the thirty-first century, including those towed into battle by mechanized infantry. The Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery makes use of tube artillery to great effect against their enemies, especially platoons of the 71st Mechanized Infantry, 2nd Sword of Light. Forgoing the use of Battle Armor, these conventional infantry utilize their artillery to great effect, showcasing the continued use of conventional infantry on the modern battlefield.
The primary armament of each soldier is a TK Assault Rifle, while Semi-Portable Autocannons provide supporting fire. However, the highlight of the unit is its Thumper Artillery Piece, supplied with 20 rounds of ammunition, which allows the platoon to hit above its weight.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Technical Readout: 3085, p.195, "House Kurita Infantry Profile"