Medium Naval Gauss
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Medium Naval Gauss Rifle|
|Type||Capital Ballistic (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||IS / Clan|
|Year Availability||2448 (TH)|
|Damage|| 25 (Capital) |
|Ammo Per Ton||2.5 (5 shots per 2 tons)|
|Cost (unloaded)||30.35 Million|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||75,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 5,040 |
The Medium Naval Gauss Rifle, or Medium N-Gauss, is the middleweight Naval Gauss Rifle in use by WarShips. It fires a large ferrous slug at a WarShip, JumpShip, or DropShip. The largest drawback to the Medium N-Gauss, like all Naval Gauss Rifles, is the sheer cost of the weapon. For the cost of a Naval Gauss Rifle, a WarShip can mount several smaller Naval Autocannon. One key benefit to the Medium N-Gauss, and all Naval Gauss Rifles, is the extremely low heat they generate when compared to other Capital Weapons. In addition, if struck by enemy fire, the capacitors in the Medium N-Gauss will not explode like a 'Mech scale Gauss Rifle.
- Tactical Operations, p. 409, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 333, "Naval Gauss (Capital Gauss)"
- Tactical Operations, p. 408, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Inner Sphere Cabital Scale Weapons And Equipment BV Table"