|Duchess of Andurien|
|Parents||Richard Humphreys (father}|
Early Life & Career
Only daughter of Duke Richard Humphreys, she was raised to be his heir and given an extension education which included; Economics, Military Schooling, and Politics. She briefly had a succeesful military career and went into politics where she arose from regional assembly to the Free World League's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Highlights of her Political Career
As Minister, she played pivotal role in negotiations that lead to the formation of the Star League. She proved her mettle during the negotiations by standingup to the leadership of Hegemony and her own nation. She would witness signing of the Star League Accords and received one of the pens used to sign the document in 2571. She remained as important diplomat through the Star League first decade, where at times she served as proxy for Captain-General.
During the Reunification War, she would instructed to prepare plans for the reconstruction of the Magistracy of Canopus. After Magistracy's surrender to Star League forces in 2588, she was dispatched to take over as their Military Governor.
As governor she put into action of her plans rebuild the nation which includes; Rebuilding nation's infrastructure, creating a Central Committee to keep control the Magestrix and universal suffrage for men. Her governence of the Magistracy was first marred with unrest, however as time went by her beign rule subsided this unrest. As time went by while working with Magestrix Crystalla Centrella.
Her reconstruction efforts which would later be called the “Good Neighbors” policy, bring in funding that outmatch the Star League aid to rebuild. By 2604, she would turn over control of the Magistracy back to its government and retire from Star League service and become special ambassador to Captain-General.In 2614 she would return from retirement become aide to dying Captain-General Rhean Marik for remainder of her rein.
Melissa's efforts and belief in ideals of the Star League led to prosperity of the Magistracy of Canopus which she credit for.
Positions and Titles
Title and Position
|Duchess of Andurien
| Succeeded by|
|Military Governor of Canopus
| Succeeded by|
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 54-55 Melissa Humphreys/Profile - Day of birth & Death of the character.
- Historical: Reunification War, p.54 Melissa Humphreys - Highlights of Melissa's early life.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 19 - Melissa Humphreys first noted as military governor of Canopus.
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p.77 Government & Politics - Melissa responsible for Men's Universal sufferage.
- 'Handbook: House Marik, p. 23 - Melissa noted being appointed Military Governor.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 54-55,161 Melissa Humphreys & Good Neighbors to the Magistracy - detail on reconstruction plans and end of her political career.
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 78 - Dame Melissa Humphreys noted along with Crystalla Centrella helping MoC prosper.
- Reunification Wars, p. 186 Rules Annex - Character's special abilities gained while using ATOW RPG rules.