|Died:||14 February 3029|
|Duke of New Syrtis|
|Parents||George Hasek I (father),|
|Spouse||Marie Davion-St. Claire|
Michael Hasek-Davion (born 2985 - died February 14th, 3029)- Early thirty-first century House Davion nobleman and March Lord of the Capellan March. He was an ambitious and cunning politician, who secretly plotted to take the throne of the Federated Suns for himself. He was the arch rival to Hanse Davion during the first part of his reign as First Prince.
Brief Character History
Early Character History
Son of Duke George Hasek I, Michael had tried to live up to his father's ambitious shadow after his death. He served as an officer with Syrtis Fusiliers in his late twenties, until he lost his hand in battle with a Capellan BattleMaster. He was ejected from his Marauder into a lake, where he nearly drowned; he suffered a severe injury to his left hand from the ejection. His left hand was amputated and replaced by a bionic replacement. This event left him psychologically scarred with the fear of large bodies of water and BattleMasters.
After his career with the Fusiliers ended, he continued to build on his father's political power building, and married Marie Davion-St. Claire in 3003. This put him into succession to the throne of the Federated Suns. He added the Davion name to his own to add more political clout. His marriage resulted in one son with Marie, Morgan Hasek-Davion. He also had his younger sister, Rebecca change her last name. He trusted his sister to stand-in for him as Minister of the Capellan March since he was uninterested in the role.
After the death of his father in 3013, Michael became Duke of New Syrtis and Field Marshal of the Capellan March. He immediately attempted to usurp Hanse Davion's authority. He considered the Capellan March his own private realm, which he felt Hanse was attempting to take away. At the time of the Third Succession War, The Capellan March was considered bigger than the Capellan Confederation. With a military command consisting of over 12 Regimental Combat Teams, Michael believed he was invincible.
Some years prior to 3025, Michael employed the Bounty Hunter in a convoluted scheme to lure Natasha Kerensky and her Black Widow Company into his personal employ. The plot failed and resulted in the deaths of two Dragoons, and Michael earned Kerensky's enmity.  In November 3026, he attempted to discredit Kerensky by releasing information (obtained from the Bounty Hunter) to Hanse about an atrocity on New Mendham where Kerensky and her Widows were (falsely) implicated. Hanse saw through the subterfuge, and would turn it to his advantage by leaking the information to Jaime Wolf.  These political games, and their effects on the Dragoons' supply lines, were one reason the Dragoons opted not to renew their contract with the Federated Suns.
In January 3027, he sent security men, lawyers, and his aide Count Anton Vitio to New Avalon to "assist" Intelligence Head Quintus Allard with security matters. He also sent a private message to Hanse Davion where he indirectly threatened him with Civil War if Davion were not to allow charges of treason to stand against Justin Xiang Allard. He accused Allard of working with local Liao crime syndicates on Kittery, citing the recent battle on that world was staged, and Justin's injuries were caused by his failed fight. He had Justin successfully exiled and stripped of everything, including his name from the Federated Suns. Michael began to secretly work with Chancellor Maximilian Liao to take the throne of the Federated Suns from Hanse. As a check against him, Hanse transferred Michael's son Morgan to the Davion Heavy Guard on New Avalon for use as a political hostage.
By October, Michael began to feel the pressure of Hanse Davion's power when he received word from the Prince about his up coming marriage to Archon-Designate Melissa Steiner, which included an official invitation to the wedding on Terra. Feeling the invitation was a means to destroy his dreams of massing power, Michael personally believes Hanse will deny him troops he needs to conqueror the Capellan Confederation, which he secretly wishes to do for himself. He then conceives a plan to conquer the Capellan Confederation and to use the power gained from that to take the throne of the Federated Suns for himself. He decides to send secret messages to Maxmilian Liao of Davion strengths (devaluing his own forces) and warn Liao of Hanse's upcoming marriage.
Duke Michael and his party arrive in Terra's system in August 14, 3028 for Hanse Davion's wedding. On his arrival, his DropShip races Hanse Davion's ship at high gravity. On the journey to Terra, Michael talks with his aide, Count Anton Vitio, about his plans for Hanse Davion and the Federated Suns. He reveals to the Count that the Capellan Chancellor supports his effort to usurp the throne from Hanse Davion. However, he tells him how he is going to use the Chancellor's lust for power to throw off Hanse Davion's plans. He warns Vitio not to take advantage of the situation and not to attempt no kill or harm anyone during this rare meeting of Great House leaders.
Fourth Succession War
On January 15th 3029, CID agents arrest Liao ambassador Serge Korigyn on New Syrtis for espionage. Agents reveal to Michael that military information that was being passed to him is false and that the ambassador was somehow acquiring the information. The next day, he goes into seclusion from the public, fearing he had been found out by Hanse, he decides to take rash action. He secretly takes a small shuttle craft to meet with the departing Liao Ambassador and heads to Sian.
By the 14th of February, (Valentines Day), he arrived on Sian to present his plans to rebound from Liao and his own latest setback. He presentes to Chancellor Liao his plans for a jointed attack of their forces. Taking his 5th Syrtis Fusiliers & Liao’s Sung's Cuirassiers regiments and attack Tikonov's only Davion defenders, the 8th Crucis Lancers. The Chancellor pretends to agree with his plans and then turns to his Maskirovka agents and tells them to burn the Duke's plans. He accuses him of trying to lure his forces into a trap. Stating that the Duke was undermining his forces strengths and giving false information on FedSun forces. When Michael tries to protest himself, Justin takes him down easily with his bionic arm. Maximilian Liao then orders him to execute the Duke.
- Michael was noted for his political savvy and ambitions for total power over the Federated Suns. When in active service, he was known to pilot a Marauder BattleMech. His left hand, which was ambulated during his brief military service, was enhanced by Capellan scientist with an electronic recording/transmitting device. Allowing him to secretly pass messages to local Capellan ambassador who had an artificial leg with the device's receiver in it. His means to communicate with Liao were suspected by Quintus Allard, but was never proven.
- Though not specified, in the novel Warrior: En Garde, p.??, "Michael tells Hanse Davion that he gives his sister Andrea's love to him". It is unclear if this was done in error, since early publications are known for their errors.
- Also, its unclear the fate of Michael's younger sister Rebecca Hasek-Davion. Though mentioned in the original House Book that she runs the Ministry of the Capellen March in his name. However, in novel Warrior: Coupe his wife Marie, Hanse Davion's half-sister, takes over the ministry.
|“||Decline? Why must it be a decline? Couldn't it be that the Capellans have improved their fighting skills? Why blame our soldiers for a supposed decline in their skills? Why blame me?||”|
|— From official court transcripts, September 10, 3005|
Ranks and Titles
|Field Marshal & Minister of Capellan March
3013 – 3029
| Succeeded by|
|Duke of New Syrtis
3013 – 3029
| Succeeded by|
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Michael Hasek-Davion"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p.??, "Michael Hasek-Davion's early military career"
- House Davion (Federated Suns), "Ministry of Capellan March"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 113, "Federated Sun Nobility"
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 20-21, "Michael admires his realm and considered a message from Hanse Davion regarding his upcoming marriage to be threat to his rule".
- Wolves on the Border (novel), p. 197
- Wolves on the Border (novel), pp. 174-179
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 14
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 329, "Michael dines on Sian with Maximilian Liao".
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 20-22, "Michael thinks Hanse has ended his bid for the throne & is angry over Hanse not giving him the troops he needs conquer the Capellans".
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 23-24, "Michael calls for an ambassador to pass his Davion intelligence to Maxmilian Liao".
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 157-158
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 292
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 297, "Michael Hasek-Davion explains his plans to Maximilian Liao".
- Warrior: Riposte, p. 298.
- Warrior: Coupe, pp. 10-11
- Warrior: Riposte, pp. 23-24, "Michael records messages with his artificial left hand for Liao".
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 53
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 93, "Rise Of Hasek-Davion"