- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Milligan's World Neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||450.536 : 217.364[e]|
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2583 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2585 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2596 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2750 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2764 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2765 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2767 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2786 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2822 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2830 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2864 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3025 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3030 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3040 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3050 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3052 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3054 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3057 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3058 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3059 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3063 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3067 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3081 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3085 - Raven Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
- 3135 - Raven Alliance 
- 3145 - Raven Alliance 
There is an (unnamed) indigenous bird species on Milligan's World that is so tiny that they are edible without pulling out the bones.
Milligan's World was a world within the Outworlds Alliance when Operation UNION HOLD began in 2581. After the major Periphery states rejected the Pollux Proclamation in 2575, the Star League began planning for the forced incorporation of all of the Periphery nations into the Star League. Operation UNION HOLD was the name given to the invasion of the Outworlds Alliance, which saw two corps of Star League Defense Force troops and a mixed brigade of DCMS forces begin systematically occupying Alliance worlds. Milligan's World escaped the attentions of the the Star League and Combine forces - collectively referred to as the Outworlds Alliance Task Force - until the second half of 2583.
The Star League component of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force had begun actively raiding Alliance worlds in early 2583, rather than attempting to occupy every world; whilst worlds like Ki Zoban, Cerberus and Lushann had been occupied or were heavily contested, the commanding officer of the Task Force, General Amos Forlough, had mobilised V Corps and elements of II Corps on seek and destroy missions which targetted the civilian population and infrastructure of many more Alliance worlds. Tasked primarily with destroying towns, hamlets and industry, these raids included destroying any militia forces encountered as only a secondary objective to that of destroying the will and ability of the Alliance population to fight. Between March and June SLDF troops savaged the worlds of Dindatari, Mitchella, Morthac, Quatre Belle and Quiberas.
In response to the campaign of devastation being waged by Forlough, Coordinator Hehiro Kurita pressured the commander of the DCMS mixed brigade supporting the Task Force to push further into the interior of the Alliance, having annexed the worlds of Kazanka, Zlatousi and Nexus Ri in early 2583. Sho-sho Igushi's forces had been cut off from the SLDF supply chain after withdrawing supplies contributed by the Draconis Combine to the Task Force to fuel their earlier conquests, which had reduced their supplies to a slow trickle from within the Combine and whatever they could source locally; despite this, in the fourth week of July Igushi ordered attacks on three more Alliance worlds: Milligan's World, Prinis Prime and Quantraine. The 24th Galedon Regulars left their garrisons on Zlatousi and attacked Milligan's World, where they faced elements of the Alliance 1st Armored Division for the first time. Adding to the 1st Armored forces was a substantial local militia; the widespread executions of Alliance civilians which began on Medron and continued on other occupied worlds such as Valentina had increased militia enlistment tenfold. On Milligan's World, that manifested in a militia strong with armor and infantry regiments, and which had been trained by experienced AFFS officers loaned to the Alliance by the Federated Suns as a part of the secret Tancredi Accord.
Unlike the earlier battles on Zlatousi, the Combine BattleMechs were prevented from using their superior mobility against the 1st Armored Division because the Alliance defenders were so well dug in. When the 24th attempted to follow Forlough's pattern of attacking the civilian population, Alliance infantry used anti-'Mech tactics to cripple the 24th's advance forces and slow them while the 1st Armored redeployed to blunt the 24th's attacks. Although the 24th made some progress, the Alliance forces continued to grind them down, and the 24th simply couldn't get reinforcements and supplies quickly enough to support this pattern of warfare. Whereas the 24th had managed to outlast the 2nd Armored Division on Zlatousi, by the time the campaign to take Milligan's World had stretched from August through to the end of October the Combine forces were exhausted, and Igushi ordered his forces to retreat in early November.
The combine forces were driven off Milligan's World, Prinis Prime and Quantraine, and Igushi reported the three failed invasions to both the Coordinator and General Forlough as completely successful reconnaissance raids which had inflicted heavy damage on the Alliance defenders. Kurita's response was to banish Igushi to a Combine backwater and replace him with Sho-sho Rimas Nelsson, but with no additional support to enable combat operations, and Milligan's World would remain safe from anything more significant than the occasional Combine show of force for the remainder of the war until peace was declared with the Treaty of Cerberus in August 2585.
By the mid-thirty-first century, as one of the three Alliance worlds closest to the notorious pirate haven of Antallos, Milligan's World had been plagued by devastating bandit raids. A large part of the population had slowly given up their holdings on Milligan's World because of the attacks; those who remained were the most stubborn and self-sufficient, and by the time Mitchell Avellar became President of the Alliance the population of Milligan's World had long abandoned any loyalty they had to the Alliance as a state.
The Dark Age
In 3110 the Third Raven Auxiliaries were the first sub-unit of Clan Snow Raven's Gamma Galaxy to test the new Hippogriff ProtoMech in combat when they clashed with a reconnaissance force from the ManMangler mercenary unit on Milligan's World. A contingent from the ManManglers - who were apparently in the employ of the Draconis Combine - was intercepted by a Binary from the Auxiliaries. The Auxiliaries force consisted of a mixture of Chrysaor 2s, Hippogriffs and Rocs, and intercepted the mercenaries on the Doone Plains, where the Raven ProtoMechs quickly outjumped the mercenary APCs and light 'Mechs, who retreated after losing two 'Mechs and most of their infantry.
Outworlds Alliance Militia garrison force
- Elements of the First Armored Division
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 33, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 125, "Kurita's Overeager Appetite"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 36, "Outworlds Alliance Militia Deployment Map - "
- Fiel Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 25, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra, p. 98, "Outworlds Alliance - ] Map
- First Succession War, p. 24-25, "Inner Sphere - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Cmbine after First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 112-113, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Second Succession War, p. 18-19, "Inner Sphere - 2830"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 78-79, "Inner Sphere - 2864"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p.156, "The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Hanbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns After Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns After Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p.46, "Map of Periphery States: The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 77, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Inner Sphere, p. 97, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 30, "Clan Snow Raven & Outworlds Alliance Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Old Legends Never Die, p.??
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 182, "Creatures"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Baby Killers Unleashed"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 119, "Valentina"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 121, "Kazanka, Nexus Ri and Zlatousi"
- The Periphery, Second Edition, p. 49, "Other Periphery Realms"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 46, "Hippogriff ProtoMech"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 129, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: DCMS
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Old Legends Never Die
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, Second Edition
- Second Succession War
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries