- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Smoke Jaguar|
|Safe Thrust||2.5 g|
|Max Thrust||4 g|
|Fuel (tons)||300 tons|
|Armament|| 6x ER Large Lasers |
5x ER Medium Lasers
5x Large Pulse Lasers
8x Medium Pulse Laser
2x Gauss Rifles
3x LB 20-X ACs
3x Ultra AC/20s
3x LRM-15s + Artemis IV FCS
2x LRM-20s + Artemis IV FCS
2x SRM-4s + Artemis IV FCS
3x SRM-6s + Artemis IV FCS
|Armor||34 tons (Standard Armor)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||0/15|
|Heat Sinks||162 (324) (Double)|
Originally designed by Clan Smoke Jaguar under the designation Charybdis in the 3040s. It was renamed in the honor of the legendary Inner Sphere aerospace fighter pilot Tyra Miraborg, whose kamikaze run on the Clan Wolf flagship Dire Wolf stalled the Clan invasion and killed the Smoke Jaguar ilKhan Leo Showers. It was launched from Huntress shipyards in 3053 and first saw action against the Draconis Combine in the defense of Avon in 3056.
A maneuverable vessel, it can easily bring its formidable array of weapons to bear while in space. Though it rarely lands on contested planets, prefering to stay in orbit with its trinary of OmniFighters.
The impressive armament on the Miraborg reflects a change in Clan military philosophy concerning the role of dropships. It is well armored for its role but the overall placement of the weapons, mostly in the nose and stern, leaves is vulnerable when landed. Long range direct firepower is provided by a impressive set of weapons, including six ER Large Lasers, five Large Pulse Lasers and two Gauss Rifles. This is supported by two LRM-20s and 3 LRM-15s, all with Artemis IV. If anything get close to the ship, it can bring to bear its eight Medium Pulse Lasers, three LB 20X and three Ultra 20 Autocannons, two SRM-4s and three SRM-6s. It carries reasonable amounts of ammo for most weapons, but is especially light on the Gauss and LB-20X ammunition.
- Bay 1: 10 Fighters / Cargo (339 tons) - 2 Doors
- Bay 2: 10 Fighters / Cargo (338 tons) - 2 Doors
- Bay 3: 10 Fighters / Cargo (338 tons) - 2 Doors
- online date for the Miraborg
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 250