Missile Artillery Infantry
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Kommando Special Forces, Fifth MAC|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Mechanized/Wheeled, Field Artillery (None)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||24 (6/4)|
|Primary Weapon||16 Auto-Rifles|
|Secondary Weapon||8 Support Machine Guns|
|Armor||Capellan Confederation Standard Infantry Kit|
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (E/E-F-E)|
|Transport Weight||40 tons|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)|
Mechanized infantry are capable of carrying artillery into battle thanks to their means of transport. For the Kommando Special Forces of the 5th McCarron's Armored Cavalry, this is a new development. The former mercenaries have only recently begun training in the use of field artillery, used to support MAC maneuver units, but their results have been more than satisfactory.
Auto-Rifles and Support Machine Guns are used primarily for self-defense. The true offensive punch of the Kommandos is their Luxor Mobile Battery system firing Arrow IV Artillery. The system is unwieldy compared to tube artillery and requires 15 men to operate, but its five rounds of ammunition are more than capable of causing immense destruction.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Technical Readout: 3085, p.199