- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about the (apocryphal) Land Air 'Mech design from BattleTechnology. For the Leopard-class DropShip, see Munin (Leopard).
|Munin Land-Air 'Mech|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Communications System||Tek BattleCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||LOCKET|
|Speed||86.4 ground km/h, 1440 overthrust km/h|
|Jump Jets||Allied AVRTech 100|
This apparent precursor to the Phoenix Hawk LAM may have had a different name originally, but in any case became known as the Munin LAM. The only samples known to exist were those recovered from a cache by the Tyr Resistance Movement shortly before the Fourth Succession War. The number of Munin LAMs they recovered is unknown.
The Tyr underground movement used these LAMs for operations throughout the Rasalhague Military District. Sightings were reported by both House Kurita and House Steiner, but apparently the Munin LAMs were mistaken for Phoenix Hawk LAMs.
The last major operation involving the design seems to have been a fight against pirates on Outpost in 3033. By then, the Munin LAMs were operating as part of the Free Rasalhague Republic's KungsArmé. Reportedly, out of four LAMs in the battle only one remained operable, and its pilot subsequently became an academy trainer.
Weapons and Equipment
The basic version is armed with a Magna Mk. I Large Laser, two Magna Mk. II Medium Lasers and a Magna Mk. III Small Laser, with fifteen heat sinks. Variants have exchanged the Mk. I or Mk. II lasers and heat sinks for missile launchers; see below.
Several variants have been reported, though it remains unclear if these are true production variants or mere field refits. One exchanges the Mk. II medium lasers and three heat sinks for a SRM-6. Another variant exchanges the Mk. I large laser and one heat sink for a LRM-10 launcher.
- BattleTechnology, issue #10
- BattleTechnology, issue #10, p. 52 (scenario "Memory's Surprises")
- BattleTechnology issue #10