Murmansk (Individual Fox-class WarShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Fox-class corvette Murmansk was in service with the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth in 3062 but during the FedCom Civil War the crew of the Murmansk chose to support Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion.
Surviving until the closing stages of the Civil War, the FCS Murmansk joined two Avalon-class cruisers, the FCS Lucien Davion and FCS Alexander Davion, and another loyalist Fox, the FCS Antrim, in the defense of New Avalon in November 3066 against the task force led by Victor Steiner-Davion.
The attacking forces were led by the Avalon-class FCS Melissa Davion and no less than four Foxes - the FCS Admiral Corinne Donnings, FCS Kentares, FCS Intrepid and FCS Robinson and the result was an hour-long naval battle that saw three WarShips destroyed (the Alexander Davion, Admiral Corinne Donnings and Kentares) and two Loyalist ships - including the Lucien Davion - captured.
Although nominally listed as still being in service with the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns in late 3067 the Murmansk had actually jumped away from New Avalon via a pirate point in the closing stages of the naval battle and vanished without trace. The Murmansk was subsequently recovered and in 3069 was undergoing repairs at the shipyards at Kathil when the shipyards were attacked twice with nuclear weapons, once by forces from the Capellan Confederation in late May and then by the Word of Blake. The Blakist attack destroyed the yards and the Murmansk.
The destruction of the Murmansk was unaccounted for specifically by name in sourcebooks but was confirmed by the BattleTech Developer Øystein Tvedten via the Catalyst Game Labs Forum:
|“|| The Murmansk was at Kathil being repaired when the Word of Blake struck the yards in 3069. Big boom.
With regards, Ã˜ystein
|— Øystein Tvedten, 05 February 2011|
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 25, "AFFC WarShip Fleet"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 170, "New Avalon"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 124, "WarShips of the AFFS"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- BattleTech Devloper confirms the destruction of the Murmansk.