NL-42 "Battle Taxi"
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|NL-42 "Battle Taxi"|
|Manufacturer||Blackwell Heavy Industries|
|Type (Shape)||Military Spheroid|
|Tech Base||Star League|
2x ER Large Lasers
|Armor||32 Tons of Standard Armor|
|Heat Sinks||14 (type unknown)|
|Passengers|| 10 battle armor equipped troops|
3 platoons conventional infantry
The NL-42 "Battle Taxi" is an export version of the Lupus-class assault transports created for Wolf's Dragoons. Designed to carry two Points of Elemental troops, the NL-42 uses its high speed to close with an enemy DropShip, JumpShip, or WarShip, matches the target's course and speed, deploys a pair of magnetic grapples, and then pulls itself alongside the target ship. The marines participating in the boarding action then use the ship's Tug Adapter to break into the target ship to take control. If the pilot of the Battle Taxi can't line up the adapter, the marines can use magnetic boots and grapples to cling to the target ship's hull while finding alternate access points.
Weapons and Equipment
The NL-42 is armed with pair Extended Range Large Lasers for long-range attacks, with one laser mounted each "wing" section. The ship's secondary weaponry are four Medium Pulse Lasers which are split between the ship's right & left "wing" sections.
The Battle Taxi is designed to carry 50 tons of cargo, usually marines who are wearing power armor. The Battle Taxi can also transport three platoons of conventional infantry to a boarding action.
- Bay 1: 1 x Battle armor Point/Squad
- Bay 2: 1 x Battle armor Point/Squad
- Bay 3: Cargo (1 ton)
- This is the NL-42 version used by Wolf's Dragoons. Presumably it is equipped with Clan armor and weaponry, but no details of the small craft have been published as of this writing.
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 174
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 196
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised p. 172 - Weaponry for the ship are listed in revised publication.