Nagasawa (DropShip class)
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Sea Fox|
|Armament|| 5 x ER PPCs|
5 x Rotary AC/5s
11 x ER Large Lasers
6 x LRM 20
3 x Large Pulse Lasers
15 x Laser AMS
|Crew|| 3 Officers|
5 Bay Personnel
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||4/0|
| Small Craft/
|Heat Sinks||160 Double Heat Sinks|
Based upon the earlier Noruff-class DropShip, the Nagasawa-class was developed by Clan Sea Fox as defensive vessels to protect the ArcShips within each aimag. Half again as large as the Noruff, the Nagasawa was introduced in 3115 and swiftly became a common sight in the various Sea Fox aimags, although quantities were purchased by other Clans or captured through Trials of Possession.
Very successful in its role as a protector for the ArcShips, the Nagasawa was described as being very easy to maintain, designed in such a fashion that many components were easily accessible, reducing downtime. The Nagasawa could absorb heavy amounts of damage and still remain operational, in part because of the ninety tons of ferro-aluminum armor mounted onto each ship, and was fast enough to threaten most targets. Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon both eagerly acquired significant numbers of Nagasawas, despite the former building the Isegrim-class DropShip - on paper, an obvious competitor to the Nagasawa - and the latter having a substantial WarShip fleet.
The weapons mounted into each Nagasawa were intended to be relatively simple but varied enough to offset the proliferation of advanced armors in service in the thirty-second century. Mounted in the nose of the Nagasawa were five Extended-Range Particle Projection Cannons and five Rotary AC/5s, the latter supplied with six hundred rounds of ammunition.
The left and right wings of the Nagasawa each mounted four Extended-Range Large Lasers, three LRM 20s augmented by Artemis V and five Laser Anti-Missile Systems. The LRMs were supplied with sixty rounds of ammunition.
As a dedicated transport the Nagasawa has four cargo bays:
- Bay 1 - Small Craft Cubicle (1) - 1 Doors
- Bay 2 - Cargo (207 tons) - 1 Door
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 52-53, "Nagasawa"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 62