Nanking Sarna March Militia
|Nanking Sarna March Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan March Militia|
(previously Sarna March Militia)
During the FedCom Civil War the Nanking SMM was loaded with Capellan Confederation sympathizers. They frequently came to blows with members of the First FedCom RCT in bars, and other fistfights. In the early part of the Civil War the Nanking SMM tried to secure strategic locations for the Loyalists. Unfortunately the 1st FedCom RCT prevented this. Things looked bleak for the Nanking SMM until they called up all the militia units on the world. This served to pin the First FC RCT in place, but they were reinforced by the 1st Kestrel Grenadiers. The SMM tried to break out twice, but suffered heavy losses and weren't able to do so. Finally they escaped through a gap in the lines between the Grenadiers and F-C RCT. After holding out for five days, they surrendered.
The Nanking SMM was never reconstituted.
After the recently rebuild the unit doesn't have any unique fighting style.
- CO: Leftenant General Grace Arminius
- CO: Lieutenant General Fritz Tull
- CO: Hauptmann Billy Preston
- CO: Lieutenant General Min Huong
Nanking SMM Infantry Brigade (2 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant General Jontel Freeman
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 26
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 27
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 64
- 20 Year Update, p. 24, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 18, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 113, "Militia Profile"