When the Titan Yards came under attack from Word of Blake on 2 March 3058, the Narbonne arrived some two hours after the end of the main battle to relieve the defenders; it was observed to arrive with battle damage.
The CSV Narbonne remained in service with ComStar as of 3067, but was subsequently deployed on the abortive Case White attack on Terra in March 3068; The Narbonne wasn't completely salvaged by the Word of Blake after being lost during Case White, but had been returned to a partially operational state in time to defend the Titan Yards in the Sol system from Task Force CRONUS during the campaign to liberate Terra, Operation SCOUR.
The destruction of all three ComStar Dante class vessels was originally confirmed by BattleTech Devloper Øystein Tvedten in the Catalyst Game Lab BattleTech forums:
|“||No ComStar Dantes were captured by the Word of Blake. Bordeaux died at Luyten, Monpellier (sic) at Columbus, and Narbonne bit it during Case White.||”|
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 29 Oct 2011|
However, this was then superceded by a further clarification from the same source:
|“||The Deathblow was part of the ComGuard fleet. It was lost at Terra during Case White, and was later salvaged enough that it was partially operational in time for the Coalition attack on Terra along with (IIRC) two other ComGuard vessels, the Manchester and the Narbonne. (I had forgotten we did that, sorry).||”|
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 18 Jan 2013|
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 202, "Dante (Frigate)"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 44, "The WarShip Fleet"
- The Fall of Terra, p. 49
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 83, "ComStar Naval Assets"
- Dawn of the Jihad, p. 89, p. 91, "Case White Underway!"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets"
- Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 18 Jan 2013
- Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 29 Oct 2011