- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Located in the Necromo system, the Necromo Shipyards was a top-secret government owned DropShip repair facility, also serving as the construction site for the Capellan Confederation's WarShip fleet. (These shipyards are officially known as the Aris Memorial Yards.
The sole industry of the relatively undeveloped world, with all goods and services having to be imported from off-world, the self-contained DropShip repair facility and shipyard in the Necromo system were vitally important for the Capellan nation during the decline of the Succession Wars era. Carefully guarded against sabotage or industrial espionage, operations in the system were so secret that only the intensely loyal workers were allowed on world, with no visits from family members and stringent censorship of all inbound and outbound communication.
These features made the location ideal for shielding the production of the Confederation's WarShip projects, first being upgraded with Free Worlds League funding and Word of Blake know-how to produce the massive interplanetary drives for the collabrative Impavido-class destroyer, and then being expanded with further Blakist funding to produce the Liao exclusive Feng Huang-class cruiser.
Destruction during the Jihad
In 3071 the Word of Blake smashed the world and its industry. A passing merchant DropShip reported absolute silence from the system. Later investigation by Rashpur-Owens Incorporated employees discovered that every industrial asset in the system had been destroyed. Nothing remained to salvage.
Necromo Shipyards has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Necromo:|
|Feng Huang-class||Combat Jumpships - Heavy Cruiser|
|Interplanetary Drive - Combat Jumpships|
|? (for Impavido)|||
|? (for Feng Huang)|||
|Compact K-F Drive - Combat Jumpships|
|Phoenix 970|||
|? (for Feng Huang)|||
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 73
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 145, "Necromo Profile"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 33, "WarShips and Conventional Fleet Support"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 3
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 59, "Deathly Silent"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 30, "Lack of Progress"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 212, "Feng Huang Ship Profile"