19th Syrtis Fusiliers
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Nineteenth Syrtis Fusiliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Syrtis Fusiliers|
Having survived the Davion Civil War as a brigade and been given clemency by First Prince Alexander Davion, the Syrtis Fusiliers remained at a consistent strength of ten regiments from the formation of the Star League Defense Force at the end of the Age of War through the twenty-seventh century. The issue of the Council Edict of 2650 that limited the size of the military of each of the Great Houses had no effect on the Fusiliers, but the repeal of the Edict in 2752 led to a sharp and dramatic increase in size of the brigade.
That expansion began in 2755 following authorisation from First Prince John Davion and saw ten new regiments including the Nineteenth Syrtis Fusiliers founded over the next ten years. All was not well within the new regiments, however; the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns was an army based on volunteers, not conscription or drafting, which generally resulted in the AFFS being staffed by loyal soldiers who shared a common vision. This wasn't the case with the new Syrtis Fusiliers regiments; the personnel of the Nineteenth and her newly-formed sister regiments reflected the hostility towards the Capellan Confederation espoused by a large portion of the population, and this resulted in a number of discipline issues as well as constant agitation to be allowed to strike at the Confederation in retaliation for the pirate and bandit raids believed to be funded or conducted by Capellan forces.
The ten new regiments were almost identical in composition when founded; each consisted of ten companies of 'Mechs, with those ten companies being comprised of five companies of assorted heavy and medium weight 'Mechs - predominantly Archers, Dervishes, Warhammers and Wolverines - three companies of lightweight designs (typically Locusts and Wasps) organised as a recon battalion and two assault companies equipped mainly with BattleMasters.
Nineteenth Syrtis Fusiliers (Green/Reliable)
The Nineteenth Syrtis Fusiliers was most likely a casualty of the Succession Wars.
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 18, "Syrtis Fusiliers"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 19, "Morale"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 19, "Regimental Status"