(References to Ningpo)
Ningpo neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Qing Xiao (Governor)|
Rene Graves (Planetary Legate)
- 2366 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2782 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2783 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3030 - Federated Suns  
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March  
- 3063 - Chaos March 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
- - At this point in time House Ijori is operating at 35% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Ningpo's wide and fertile plains made in an agricultural producer of some renown. The crops grown on its two continents were delivered to Poznan and Pleione to support those worlds' populations. The Yalosha Peninsula and Yalo Rue mountain range are one of the most beautiful areas of the planet. Covered in several exotic hardwood tree species, careful logging practices have allowed custom furniture businesses (both on world and off) to produce some of the most beautiful furniture in the Inner Sphere. Persistent rumors suggest that the Celestial Throne on Sian is made from timber harvested on Ningpo.
After being a part of the Capellan Confederation for most of the Succession Wars, the 3rd Davion Guards attacked the world during the Fourth Succession War. The Guards were stalled by Marion's Highlanders, a regiment of the Northwind Highlanders, for more than two months. It wasn't until Marion's Highlanders accepted safe passage to Northwind that the Guards could claim Ningpo for the Federated Suns.
Most of the turmoil of the Chaos March and Jihad passed Ningpo. There were no strikes, raids, or bombardments on the world. The only thing that showed the high cost of the war is the loss of so many young people who joined the CCAF, either willingly or not. However, the campaign on Ningpo which ended on the 18th of August 3077 with Ningpo being retaken by the Capellan Confederation saw both the CCAF and the defending Word of Blake forces using nuclear and chemical weapons against each other.
The combat was centered around the capital city, Ningbo. A report recovered from the city by the Capellan Broadcasting reporter Quan Yin Chang indicated that the bulk of the fighting was between the Blakist 13th Militia Division, Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai and the Home Guard. The Home Guard acted as a roadblock or anvil, grudgingly giving ground under repeated attacks from the 13th Division, while House Ma-Tsu Kai harried the enemy with flanking attacks.
The Blakists reacted to the slow progress made by firing a weapon of mass destruction at the Capellan forces. House Ma-Tsu Kai promptly responded in kind; Ma-Tsu Kai took serious casualties from the first Blakist weapon, but their counterstrike almost destroyed a Level III. The damage inflicted by the Blakists forced the Home Guard and House Ma-Tsu Kai back into the streets of Ningbo, at which point both sides began liberally firing WMDs at each other, predominantly chemical and nuclear weapons. House Ma-Tsu Kai were forced into a suicidal charge against the Blakists that wreaked a heavy toll on the elite Warrior House, but also broke the Blakist line.
The Capellan forces on Ningbo received help when Warrior House Ijori arrived in time to keep the remains of the city from falling, but were unable to prevent an orderly retreat on the part of the Blakists; in a final act of defiance, the 13th Division had their DropShips execute a coordinated strafing attack against the fresh House Ijori forces, wreaking carnage on them.
In August 3135 Ningpo was invaded by the Capellan Confederation; poor decisions on the part of the Planetary Legate saw the Republic Armed Forces defense fall more quickly than a comparison of the two forces would have suggested when the invasion began.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Almach||51.69||New Canton||52.18||Ingress||52.74||Tall Trees||53.51||Zion||55.57|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 108, "Ningpo World Profile"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 43, "Death On A White Horse"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Map"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Region Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 9, "Warrior House Regimental Status"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 32
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad in Review"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 10, "Gossamer VTOL"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries