Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Oberon neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-111.41 : 473.25[e]|
- 1 Oberon
- 2 Oberon VI
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Nearby Systems
- 2.8 References
- 2.9 Bibliography
Oberon was either settled by the Rim Worlds Republic during the Star League era at some point after the end of the Reunification War or was an already-settled system that became significant enough during this era for Inner Sphere nations to record it's location on maps.
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Ruler|| Hendrik Grimm (2885)|
Hendrik Grimm III (3025)
|HPG (Representative)||B (ComStar Representative: Precentor Damien Hope)|
After it was colonized Oberon VI became a valued member of the Rim Worlds Republic and the people of the planet saw with horror the end of their parent nation. Therefore they pledged to continue the Republic's traditions and together with the neighboring worlds of Sigurd and Crellacor founded the Oberon Confederation in 2775. But the tiny alliance suffered from the downfall of technology and numerous pirate attacks and two decades after it's inception the ill-fated Confederation was unable to exist any further.
The rule of the Grimms
In 2855 the remaining people of Oberon were totally unprepared for the arrival of Hendrik Grimm, a former Colonel of the LCAF, who deserted with his unit, the Sixty-fifth Lyran Regulars, feeling their superiors had sent them on a suicide assignment. They chose the lost planet as a new home, started to recruit bandits and to raid the neighboring systems.
At around this time, early mining efforts caused an ecological disaster which led to famine on Oberon VI. The JàrnFòlk (the Jespersen clan) brought food at cost to Oberon VI in this time which established trade connections that lasted until 2972. In that year, Oberon VI began another attempt at developing and industrializing their world and exploit its natural resources. In this endeavor, the Hanseatic League undercut the JàrnFòlk prices for goods and long-term services, allegedly because they would use slave labor and the JàrnFòlk would not.
The region suffered from bandit rule until Hendrik Grimm III came to power. He was not satisfied with a life as mere bandit king and in 3012 rekindled the Oberon Confederation as a viable state. Although still technically a pirate realm it constantly grew stronger, not only by bandit raids but also by trade, industrialization and colonization efforts. Hendrik Grimm III even started diplomatic relations with the Great Houses of Steiner and Kurita (including hiring out troops and shipyard services) and led the Confederation into a future as a more respectable power.
The Clan Invasion
So it seemed until 3049 when Clan Wolf arrived and on the 18th of September quickly swallowed Oberon along with its entire Confederation, destroying Hendrik III and his outmatched Oberon Guards in the process. The battle was short, with the Eleventh Wolf Guards of Delta Galaxy defeating the First Oberon Guards at first Black Canyon, then Dao Sing Plain and finally at Kennedy Beach. When the battle was over the King was found dead, having taken his own life rather than submit to Clan rule. The victory also gave Clan Wolf the chance to analyze the fighting style of the Inner Sphere, which they used to great success during the rest of the invasion. Because of a breakdown of the world's Hyperpulse Generator at first only rumors reached the Inner Sphere of the nation's demise. Oberon VI spent over twenty years as a property of the Wolves until Clan Hell's Horses conquered their entire Periphery holdings during the early Jihad. Oberon itself would be conquered by the Hell's Horses during the last two weeks of November 3070.
In 3083 the Ferris Rebellion caused the Clans to withdraw from most of their Periphery holdings. The Hell's Horses had used Oberon IV as an administrative world, and when the Clan left the area in 3086, the administrators of that world formed the New Oberon Confederation. Oberon became the capital of the new polity. Technicians from Clan Ghost Bear arrived on Oberon to refurbish Grimfort, a fortress first built by Hendrik Grimm. These renovations turned it into a modern Castle Brian. Why the Bears were willing to do so wasn't known in 3095.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2764 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2765 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2767 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2822 - Independent world 
- 2864 - Independent world 
- 2972 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3025 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3030 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3040 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3049 - Oberon Confederation (until September)/Clan Wolf (from September)
- 3050 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3054 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3059 - Clan Wolf 
- 3063 - Clan Wolf 
- 3067 - Clan Wolf 
- 3070 - Clan Hell's Horses (from December)
- 3072 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3075 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3079 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3081 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3085 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- 3086 - New Oberon Confederation
- 3130 - The Barrens 
- 3135 - The Barrens 
- 3145 - The Barrens 
- Hendrik Grimm III
Oberon VI is a pleasant world, warm and temperate, with rich deposits of gold and coal. Whilst pleasant, the ecosystem is sensitive, and in the mid-twenty-ninth century early mining efforts poisoned the delicate water table, causing an ecological disaster.
- Black Canyon: site of a notable battle during Operation REVIVAL.
- Dao Sing Plain: site of a notable battle during Operation REVIVAL.
- Grimfort: a major fortification, extensively expanded by Clan Ghost Bear in the late thirty-first century.
- Kennedy Beach: site of the final battle of Operation REVIVAL on the planet.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|New Ålborg||26.5||Crellacor||31.9||Zertarum||36.0||Drask's Den||40.7|
|Dirkel||50.5||Iron Land||50.9||Gustrell||51.4||Last Chance||52.3|
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 149, "Oberon VI"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 37, "The Republic-Commonwealth War"
- Godt Bytte, p.??
- Era Report: 3052, p. 14
- Clan Wolf Sourcebook, p. 56
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 31, "Clan Occupation Zones "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 42-43
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 42
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 38, "Rim Worlds Army Deployment Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War "
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. vii, "Map of the Periphery"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 32, "Map of the Wolf Clan Territory"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 115, "Greater Valkyrate, Oberon Confederation & Elysian Fields"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 27, "Clan Wolf/Clan Hell's Horses Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 43
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 43
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: Clans
- Godt Bytte
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, Second Edition