Omega Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses)
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Warg Riders|
|Parent Formation||Clan Hell's Horses Touman|
|Formed||3070 (Clan Hell's Horse)|
- 1 Unit Description
- 2 History - Clan Wolf
- 3 History - Clan Hell's Horses
- 4 Officers
- 5 Tactics
- 6 Composition History
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
History - Clan Wolf
Formation This unit followed Phelan Ward into exile at the command of Ulric Kerensky in 3057. Its name was resurrected to form a completely new Galaxy by Khan Vlad Ward as the Wolves threw off the yoke of the Jade Falcons and rebuilt their Touman. The unit was officially re-formed in 3063.
The Khan Ward created the newly reformed Omega as means to concentrate Warden politically aligned Warriors of the then largely aggressive Crusader controlled Clan. Khan Ward designed the eliminate the last of his Clan's warden aligned warriors from the touman. The Clan was highly abused by Khan Ward and became contentious political problem himself and his Loremaster, Katya Kerensky. The Galaxy was largely despised by most of the Crusader clansman, it was dispatched on missions seen as beneath the warriors of the Clan, but not them. The "new" Omega was stationed in the Periphery, where it was regularly sent on the task in hunting pirates. These pirates were hunted down because there were rumors that some of them were descended from Clan Wolverine.
During the years prior to the Jihad, the Omega had been laying on the Periphery border of Clan Wolf's occupation zone. Its most notable action during this time period was when the Galaxy clashed with the New Belt Pirates. The galaxy lost a cluster worth of forces inflicting significant damaged against the Pirate band. By 3067, it was considered a shadow galaxy, however its was noted for its dedication to the Clan that whom despised. Prior to the Jihad the warriors of Omega Galaxy were responsible for testing a prototype of the Tomahawk 'Mech.
Jihad and Absorption into Clan Hell's Horses
The Omega was among the first meet Clan Hell's Horses invasion of Clan Wolf's occupation zone in November 3070. Omega's cluster were station to defend the worlds of Oberon VI, Nyserta, and Paulus Prime when the Horses arrived. These elements of the Galaxy did not put a significant resistance in Trial for Possession of Wolf's worlds, seeing the invasion by the Warden clan as means leave its parent clan honorably. It was reported that Galaxy Commander Stevic Hawker authorized each of his clusters to conduct Harvest Trials. Through these trials, the Omega was absorbed into the Clan Hell's Horses. Most notable one was fought for three weeks between the Omega's 2nd Wolf Grenadiers and Horses' 77th Mechanized Cavalry Cluster. The Omega's survivors became core members of Hell's Horses newly formed Omega Galaxy.
History - Clan Hell's Horses
Omega Galaxy was a product of Clan Hell's Horses' invasion of the Inner Sphere in 3070. The core of the Galaxy's troops were former Clan Wolf Warden warriors whom were stationed on the Periphery border as pirate hunters. Disdained by their parent Clan, Khan Cobb used the mistreated and grateful Wolf warriors as the core of needed additional Galaxy warriors.
War with Wolves
The Horses sent the Omega Galaxy to claim worlds from the Wolves. Omega fought against Clan Wolf on various worlds, such as Crellacor, Butte Hold, Placida, and Rodigo, where the Galaxy distinguished itself in its fighting there. After the Hell's Horses' fighting efforts helped to end the Ice Hellion's invasion in 3072, two Clusters worth of troops were assigned as part of the Omega's composition. These two Clusters consisted of former Clan Ice Hellion warriors. Despite these reinforcements Omega's component Clusters were woefully understrength, with the strongest unit at a mere third of its nominal strength.
After the conclusion of the Word of Blake Jihad Omega was selected for an assault against the Clan Wolf Occupation Zone, its Clusters gathering on Bruben in preparation. However in 3081 two clusters from the Wolves Beta Galaxy struck first, both sides relatively evenly match, both utilizing almost identical tactics. The Hell's Horses and Wolves would fight each other for nearly a month, neither able to gain the advantage until the fighting on Kirchbach forced Beta to withdraw.
By 3085 however Omega's component Clusters had rebuilt, nearly reaching half their nominal strength.
By 3145 Omega Galaxy had received three Ranger Clusters. They were still stationed along the Periphery border, ostensibly to guard against attack by Clan Jade Falcon. The Falcons, however, hadn't raided the area in years. Instead Omega spent a great deal of time listening to representatives of the Republic of the Barrens. The small Periphery nation was being attacked by forces of the New Oberon Confederation. The Republic of the Barrens was pushing for Omega to take a more active role in defending their territory.
Clan Hell's Horses
Omega Galaxy (PGC)
- 5th Wolf Chasseurs
- 11th Wolf Chasseurs
- 15th Wolf Chasseurs
- 95th Phalanx 
- 101st Phalanx
- The Dark Keshik
- CO/Galaxy Commander Stevic Hawker
- 11th Battle Cluster
- 1st Wolf Guards Grenadiers
- CO/Star Colonel Wolfgang Conners
- 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers
- CO/Star Colonel Juanita
- Five Clusters(?)
- 91st BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Placida)
- 93rd BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on The Rock)
- 94th BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Butte Hold)
- 99th BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Drask's Den)
- 91st BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Kirchbach)
- 93rd BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Lovinac)
- 94th BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Liezen)
- 99th BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Bruben)
All of these Clusters were assigned Star League era equipment.
- Fifth Rangers (Stationed on Here)
- Seventh Rangers (Stationed on Lackhove)
- Ninth Rangers (Stationed on Winfield)
- 91st BattleMech Cluster (Stationed on Apollo)
It is unclear the exact composition of Omega galaxy since it was formed. It is not known if the original galaxy clusters were simply absorbed as a whole instead of being reformed as new formations. It is also unclear if newly arrived former Hellions had retained their original unit names.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 25 Timeline of the Jihad - Horse's return to the inner sphere November 3070 & when Old Clan Wolf Omega was claimed Horses new galaxy.
- Objective Raids, p. 32
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 52 The Winter Years (3059-3064) - Clan newly formed as of 3063.
- The Price of Conviction
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 53 Omega Galaxy - Minor information regarding the clans and its activities up to 3067.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 52
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 25 Timeline of the Jihad - Horse's return to the inner sphere and the invasion noted in November 14-28th of 3070.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 24 Omega Rides Again - Loremaster Katya Kerensky reports the lost and resurrection of Omega Galaxy to Khan Ward.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 139 Forcible Relocation - New Omega Galaxy formed from Clan Wolf's Warden bondsman.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 138 Forcible Relocation - James Cobb uses Wolf Omega Galaxy to make his own Omega Galaxy.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 p. 24 Omega Rides Again - Loremaster Katya Kerensky reports Omega Galaxy has been absorbed into Horses.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 145 - Brief info on "new" Omega Galaxy's actions and its reinforcements shipped to them after the Ice Hellion incursion.
- Field Report: Clans, p. 13
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 117 "Clan Hell's Horses - Omega Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 125 "Clan Hell's Horses - Omega Galaxy (The Warg Riders)"
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 14
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 155
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168, "Omega Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses)"
- Objective Raids, p.32
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 75 Deployment Table as of 3067 - Galaxy's units listed with its commanders.