- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Use|| Small Battle Armor Carrier |
|Type (Shape)||Military Aerodyne|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||Fusion Engine|
|Heat Sinks||8 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)||1,750 |
Built like a brick, the Oo-Suzumebachi is a small craft designed to be used for assault missions for the Draconis Combine. First taking flight in 3117, the Oo-Suzumebachi (nicknamed the Ooze), was designed as a small battle armor transport. The craft can handle atmospheric as well as space flight, and is armed with sufficient defenses and firepower to get to its destination.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed to handle hot landing zones, the sturdy and well-armed craft can transport troops well because of several defensive measures it employs. The Ooze is duly noted for its thick 19.5 tons worth of Ferro-Aluminum armor, of which a healthy portion is focused on its nose and sides sections.
Its defensive weaponry is focused on six anti-missile systems in its side wing sections, with three of the AMSs assigned to each. The Ooze's main offensive firepower comes from its big 40-tubed Medium-Missile Launcher which is guided by an advanced Apollo Fire Control System which corrects medium missiles' usual inaccuracy. The craft's aft section is protected by a pair of Extended-Range Medium Lasers. The Ooze's launcher and its anti-missile guns are allotted two tons and four tons of ammunition respectively.
- The craft is fitted with Steerage-Class sleeping quarters for its crew. The craft's name is Japanese and translates to "giant hornet".
- As of this revision, there is no assigned manufacturer listed for the Oo-Suzumebachi.
The Oo-Suzumebachi's Technology level was originally rated as a Inner Sphere Advanced when it was originally published in TRO: 3145 Draconis Combine, however errant posted on Catalyst Game Lab's official errant board made correction due to the components used to build the ship were not Advanced in the era/time it was in general use in 3145.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 53 & 114 Oo-Suzumebachi - Background
- MUL Profile listing for the Oo-Suzumebachi - BV2 and Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 167
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 52 Oo-Suzumebachi - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 53 & 114 Oo-Suzumebachi - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 52&53 Oo-Suzumebachi - Crew Quarters and translation of the ship's name in English.
- Catalyst Game Labs forums posts errant that Oo-Suzumebachi was not Advance Technology rated design due to progression of the tech levels by Dark Age Era. - Posted 1/8/2016