- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
Operation Doppelganger was originally a plot by Maximilian Liao to replace Hanse Davion with a double. In 3015, the Maskirovka abducted seven scientists from Sanilac, a world in the Federated Suns. Maximilian coerced the scientists to create the double. The Maskirovka then inserted this double in the Davion Summer Palace on Argyle. In 3025 the double's existence was discovered by Ardan Sortek. The Capellan plan required that the pseudo-Hanse Davion truly believe he was the real thing, so he was subjected to several extreme personality modifications including brainwashing.
In 3027, inspired by a report from Quintus Allard, Simon Johnson and Katrina Steiner selected Jeana Clay to become the body double for Melissa Steiner. Like the original Capellan plan the volunteer's previous existence was eliminated, but unlike the Capellan plan, the body double was a volunteer and therefore wasn't brainwashed.
As a result of the 3051 conference on Outreach, Hanse Davion offered to take Joshua Marik to the New Avalon Institute of Science to treat his leukemia. In exchange, the Free Worlds League provided war supplies to the Federated Commonwealth and Draconis Combine to fight the Clans. After Joshua died in 3057, Victor Steiner-Davion was afraid that Thomas Marik would stop providing these military supplies. With this thought in mind, Victor ordered the creation of a double for Joshua Marik to disguise his death. When this substitution was discovered later that year, Thomas Marik retaliated by launching Operation Guerrero. Another result of this Operation Gemini was Katherine Steiner-Davion's formation of the Lyran Alliance.
- Intelligence Operations Handbook, p. 73
- The Sword and the Dagger
- Intelligence Operations Handbook, p. 36 - "Message from Simon Johnson to Dr. Roberto Schumann, Dept. of Psychology, Tharkad University"
- Intelligence Operations Handbook, p. 73, - "...their [the Capellan] wanton destruction of the imposter's life and memories..."
- Warrior: En Garde, p. 74 - Jeana's interview with the Archon discusses the price Clay would pay for this service.
- Blood Legacy,
- Grave Covenant, p. ?? - "In a conversation with Thomas, Victor describes his action as nothing more than an attempt to buy time".
- Shattered Sphere, p.42
- Shattered Sphere, p. 78 - "Operation Guerrero"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 17 - "Sidebar"