The FWLS Opilione was one of the second block of Zechetinu-class corvettes to be launched by the Free Worlds League between 3059 and 3067. More than half the fleet of Zechetinus in service to the League had been secretly infiltrated by personnel loyal to the Word of Blake and promptly defected to the Blakists during the Jihad; the Opilione was one such WarShip, serving as a part of the Blakist black water navy throughout the conflict.
The Opilione has the dubious distinction of being the only Zechetinu-class corvette to survive the Jihad in Blakist service; each of her sister ships suborned by the Blakists were destroyed in combat in the Dieron system in 3077 or, in the case of the former FWLS Ixodida, which the Blakists had renamed the WoBS Dark Light, captured by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns.
The Opilione was last observed in the Jouques system operating alongside the Thera-class Corinth as part of a pack of five Blakist WarShips which conducted a brief raiding campaign against the Duchy of Oriente in 3079. As at mid-3081 the Opilione remained unaccounted for although at least one former Free Worlds League warShip from the same flotilla as the Opilione was still active in the Deep Periphery in 3095.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 119, "Renovation/Construction"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 90, "Naval Assets and Militia Divisions"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Ships Not Accounted For"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 33, "What to give a freedom fighter who already has everything?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 127, "Naval Assets"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 6, "Shades and Spirits"