- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
- This article is about the SecurityMech. For other uses, see Peacemaker (disambiguation).
|PM-6 Peacemaker PoliceMech|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Heat Sinks||1 Single|
|Speed||65 kph km/h|
The PM-6 Peacemaker PoliceMech is an IndustrialMech which was created to serve the same law enforcement market that would buy the Copper industrial 'Mech. The design's origin can be traced to the Star League Era PM-6 Peacekeeper SecurityMech, which Peacemaker and the earlier Copper would be based on.
The design first came about when IrTech negotiated the licence from Coventry Metal Works for the original Peacekeeper. Reworking the ancient design, IrTech would gear it to be better suited for urban law enforcement tasks. The Peacemaker made its debut for sale for law enforcement agencies in 3070.
One of its best known actions was when it was used by the Atreus City Police Department's Mounted Response Unit to maintain a quarantine cordon against the First Knights of the Inner Sphere during the Word of Blake's chemical attack on Atreus in the early years of the Jihad.
The Peacemaker has also been used by various insurgent and criminal groups across the Inner Sphere. Though no match for a BattleMech, the Peacemaker and its taser can easily shut down an enemy unit. The Irtech factories would end up being destroyed, however the Peacemaker's production lines would end up surviving the conflict. Its BattleMech Taser would end up maturing and entered limited production for wider sales of the design.
Weapons and Equipment
As a PoliceMech, the Peacemaker isn't armed to face front line forces. The Machine Gun and SRM-2 are typically loaded with less-lethal ammunition like rubber bullets and Tear Gas SRM loads to disperse rioters. To protect the Peacemaker's pilot from the tear gas and other irritants the entire 'Mech has Environmental Sealing. A searchlight in the left torso allows the Peacemaker to participate in night time search and rescue operations.
Though the half-ton of MG ammunition and single ton of SRM loads may lead observers to dismiss the Peacemaker, there is one surprise waiting for anyone so foolish: A BattleMech Taser mounted in the right arm. This weapon can cause the largest Assault 'Mech to shut down completely, leaving the MechWarrior stranded and easy prey for SWAT teams or Anti-Mech Infantry.
The Peacemaker has no significant cargo capability.
- PK-6 PeaceKeeper SecurityMech
- The namesake of the the Peacekeeper-series. However, though this original SecurityMech, which was the first to be built by the standards of the SecurityMech Treaty, proved to be a failure as both as a PoliceMech and combat unit. It was armed with two Medium Lasers in its left right arm, SRM-2 in its right torso, a single machine gun in its left arm actuator. Built with a IndustrialMech chassis, it also featured environmental sealing and a front mounted searchlight. Its weapons system were guided by an advanced firing control found normally in combat-oriented BattleMechs. BV(2.0)=422
The Peacemaker was originally introduced in Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, where it had little background information available at the time this product was published. Only later, when Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised was published, did the Peacemaker's background get further fleshed out by the Copper SecurityMech's entry, giving information about the Peacekeeper and its predecessor, the Peacemaker.
- MUL Profile of the PM-6 Peacemaker PoliceMech - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 24
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 79 Peacemaker PM-6 PoliceMech - "Stats and Battle Value of the PM-6."
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, pp. 6-7
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, p. 228 Armed and Dangerous / PM-6 Peacekeeper - "Peacekeeper fluff regarding post-Jihad and origin of the design.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 79 Peacekeeper PK-6 SecurityMech - "Stats and Battle Value of the PK-6.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, p. 228 Armed and Dangerous - "Original design of both Copper and Peacemaker designs, background information regarding how it came about.