Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Palos neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||50.69 : -124.72[e]|
| Jump point
|Moons||5 (Isla Palana, Menor, Pinatar, Reona, Ribera)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Pol Fert (Governor)|
Lance Jorgens (Planetary Legate)
- 2303 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2304 - Independent world 
- 2305 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Palos is a large world, with an equatorial radius of nearly fifteen thousand kilometers; despite the size of the planet, landmasses constitute just two-fifths of the surface. Palos has three large continents which were namd Cartagena, Murcia and Valencia; of the three continents Valencia is the largest. The continent of Murcia is largely arid and is mainly composed of mountains and valleys with a covering of sparse vegetation and woodland. While Murcia is arid, it is also rich in minerals and resources. Valencia is covered with mountains and vast stretches of woodland.
Palos was settled in the early years of the twenty-third century and quickly became a significant source of ores and minerals. Amongst the more important minerals found on Palos were some rich gold deposits discovered in the Docarshon valley, two hundred kilometers south of the planetary capital. The gold seams would last for the better part of three hundred years before being played out, but their presence reduced the region to an ugly scar through uncontrolled exploitation of the resources there.
From the very beginning the population of Palos was made up of independent-minded people who believed strongly in individual freedom and who opposed heavy taxes. Having been a member of the Sarna Supremacy for some years, in 2304 the inhabitants of Palos and the neighbouring system of Wei rebelled against the heavy-handed taxation and economic exploitation of the Supremacy government and declared themselves to be independent worlds. The Supremacy immediately sealed it's borders and began measures to recapture Palos, but within weeks the Capellan Hegemony had declared war on the Supremacy in support of the rebelling worlds. Unfortunately for the inhabitants of Palos, the Capellans were unable to prevent the Supremacy from re-occupying Palos in late 2305, and the Supremacy punished the inhabitants for their rebellion by executing one in three of the male population.
The inhabitants of Palos were fearless in protesting the occupation of the planet by the Federated Suns during the Fourth Succession War, and the population chafed quietly under the rule of the Federated Commonwealth, up until the collapse of the Sarna March in 3057 and the opportunity to rejoin the Capellan Confederation.
The Dark Age
Palos was one of the worlds incorporated into the Republic of the Sphere, a decision that did not go down well with the population; the insistence by Devlin Stone that Palos become a Republic world nearly resulted in a popular revolt amongst the population.
Palos continued to be a productive world during the Dark Age; careful land management on the continent of Murcia allowed the continued supply of a steady stream of ore and minerals, while Cartagena continued to be the world's breadbasket despite being the smallest of the three continents, producing the bulk of the food supply including the local indigenous mammals that were domesticated and farmed as an alternative to beef production. The planetary capital, Xer, was was located on the Iberian Peninsula, a region on the northeastern coast of Valencia.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Achilles||13.3||New Athens||14.3||Tsitsang||17.4||Wei||18.7||Zaurak||23.5||Second Try||25.2||Yunnah||25.8||Sakhalin||28.0||Menkib||29.1||New Macao||29.2||Ulan Bator||29.5||Sichuan||31.6||Quemoy||33.0||Sarna||34.6||Elnath||34.6||Shensi||35.7||Styk||35.8||St. Andre||39.0||Matsu||39.1||Mandate||39.2||Corey||40.8||Sarmaxa||41.2||Shipka||43.5||Bora||45.0||Pleione||45.8||Suzano||46.1||Ventabren||48.7||Kaifeng||48.7||Hunan||49.3||Snailzar||53.0||Gan Singh||54.1||Phact||55.0||Highspire||55.1||Poznan||55.4||New Aragon||55.4||Heligoland||55.7||Manennaia||58.2||No Return||58.3||Foot Fall||58.8|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 112, "Palos World Profile"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 12, "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 14-15, "Blood And Gold"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 14-15, "The Capellan-Supremacy War"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3025"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 120, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3063"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 164, "Joyous Springs Wines"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130