- New MechWarrior 5 Trailer, Pre-Orders Online Now
- MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours Gets 4.0 Release
- Update On Beginner Box Set And BattleTech: Game Of Armored Combat
- Sarna Wishes You All A Happy Holidays!
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Read more →
BattleTech Community Ads:
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||GM Fury-M Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 270 XL|
|Communications System||Dalban SuperMicronics w/Guardian ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||GME HiTrak-3|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 80|
The flagship design of GM's Talcott production facility, the Hellspawn was designed in response to a call from the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth for a modern, highly mobile, fire-support BattleMech to compete with the older Dervish. The Hellspawn is built on a GM Fury-M Endo Steel chassis that weighs half as much as a standard chassis. The Hellspawn carries a GM 270 XL engine that gives it a top speed of 97.2 km/h and also weighs half as much as a standard engine while making the 'Mech susceptible to a combat kill from a side torso loss. For protection from enemy electronic warfare equipment such as C3 or Artemis IV, the Hellspawn is equipped with a Guardian ECM Suite. To enhance the 'Mech's mobility it has six Rawlings 80 jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. Finally, the Hellspawn has six and a half tons of armor that is barely adequate when compared to other medium 'Mechs.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hellspawn has two Federated 10-shot LRM-10 launchers which make the 'Mech capable of providing both direct and indirect long range fire support. For self defense or close combat, the Hellspawn has three RAMTech 800P Medium Pulse Lasers.
- The 9F also developed in 3068 variant is designed for close combat. The Hellspawn 9F removes both of the LRM-10 launchers and replaces them with more potent, but shorter ranged, MRM-20 launchers giving the 'Mech more punch at the cost of ranged combat capabilities. BV (1.0) = 998, BV (2.0) = 1,118
- HSN-7D2 Hellspawn (Halperin)
- The personal 'Mech of Crucis March Militia deserter-turned-bandit Greta Halperin, her Hellspawn introduced in 3072 had been extensively modified with experimental technologies to turn it into a deadly first strike backstabber. Both LRM launchers are swapped for two single shot Rocket Launcher 20s and each arm mounted Pulse Laser is replaced with a pair of ER Medium Lasers. The torso mounted pulse laser is dropped entirely for two rear facing ER Small Lasers, while two additional tons of armor improve the Hellspawns weak armor. Two extra heat sinks enhanced by a trio of Coolant Pods allow Halperin to Alpha Strike repeatedly until her targets are destroyed, while switching the Guardian for an advanced Angel ECM Suite prevents any chance of her high-ranked marks calling for help. BV (2.0) = 1,415 
From MechWarrior Online:
- The first PGI invented variant, the 7P is more focused on energy weaponry, carrying a pair of ER Medium Lasers in the right torso and a single ER Medium in each arm, supported by a pair of left torso mounted Artemis IV-enhanced LRM-10 and a center torso mounted ER Small Laser. The Guardian and jump jets are removed from the standard 7D frame to free up the weight for these weapons, with the 7P carrying two tons of LRM reloads as well as four extra heat sinks. 
- The second PGI invented variant, the 8P is instead more focused on missile weaponry, carrying a total of five LRM-5s - two in each arm supplemented by a single one in the left torso - supported by paired ER Medium Lasers in the right torso. Retaining the 7D's jump jets, the 8P carries seven tons of armor, three extra heat sinks and carries a total of five tons of LRM reloads.
- HSN-7D2 Paralyzer
- The Hellspawn Hero 'Mech is PGI's take on Greta Halperin's custom variant listed above. With neither Angel ECM or Coolant Pods in MWO, the Paralyzer instead mounts a standard Guardian suite and three extra double heat sinks, with game's technical limitations resulting in the rear facing ER Small Lasers being forward facing. 
Dervish - The Hellspawn was created to replace the aging design used by the Davion half of the Federated Commonwealth.
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 67-68, "HSN-7D Hellspawn"
- MUL online entry for the Hellspawn
- Combat Operations, p. 127, "Force Faction Tables"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 99
- MUL online entry for the Hellspawn HSN-8E variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 100
- MUL online entry for the Hellspawn HSN-9F variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 101
- MUL online entry for the Hellspawn HSN-10G variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 102
- MUL online entry for the Hellspawn HSN-10SR variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 103
- MUL online entry for the Hellspawn HSN-7D2 (Halperin) variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates, p. 5, 18
- MechWarrior Online - Hellspawn Sale Page