- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Pegasus Passenger VTOL|
|Manufacturer||Blackstone BattleMechs Limited|
|Use||Civilian Mass-Transit Vehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||VTOL (Medium)|
|Cruise Speed||80 km/h|
|Flank Speed||120 km/h|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||2,051 km|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 2|
|Crew||2 (2 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Pegasus Passenger VTOL is a Civilian Support VTOL used for mass transit systems between cities and other population centers on planets. Developed by Blackstone BattleMechs of Inarcs, its recreation was a result of the company trying to diversifying its production lines beyond producing Battlemechs. The vehicle was intended to act a as airborne link to other cities and urbanized settings that may not have had existing airfields.
The Pegasus first served as "Yellow Taxi" on New Exford in the Lyran Alliance, and the first production run was sold out by 3067. The vehicle was used to link dense cities of the planet with the company's bright yellow Pegasus VTOLs.
Equipment and Capabilities
Designed for fast and safe transportations of up to a hundred passengers, the Pegasus has a Electric Fuel Cell Engine. The hybrid electric motor allows the Pegasus to reach 120 kph and travel as far as two thousand kilometers before refueling. The vehicle aside from it's passengers, has a 5 ton cargo bay (2 doors per left /right side) move passengers' luggage or material goods. The vehicle had virtually no armor, with minimum structural protection should any military type weaponry is used against it.
- Barnonet - A larger version of the Pegasus.
As of this writing, the Pegasus Passenger VTOL has no record sheet nor battle value assigned to it at this time.
MUL Profile for the Pegasus lists the unit as "Blackstone Pegasus Passenger VTOL". However, it not the actual name for the vehicle, may be drop due to changes since the original publication of Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 76, "Pegasus VTOL"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 78, "Pegasus VTOL"
- online date for the Pegasus (VTOL)
- Official Battletech Errant Forum - Possible Review to change naming of Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex names to Revised version without Manufacture's name.