Penobscot Cavanaugh II Theater Militia
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||Penobscot Cavanaugh II Theater Militia|
|Parent Formation||Cavanaugh II Theater Militia|
Tamarind March Militia
During the 3040's the Penobscot CTM spoiled multiple attacks by the Free Worlds League. The League's target was the new petrochemical refineries that had been built using Star League technologies. The militia was usually outclassed in these engagements, but they were able to hold their own and prevent the League forces from absconding with the petrochemical technology. The Penobscot CTM became known for courage and tenacity as a result of these engagements. All the courage and tenacity couldn't save the unit during a surprise attack by the 1st Fusiliers of Oriente. The Fusiliers forced the Militia unit out of its prepared defensive locations and slowly inflicted major losses on the unit. The Penobscot CTM couldn't counterattack effectively, and lost many troops.
This defeat nearly resulted in the unit's removal from the rolls. However, Colonel Metzger was transferred in to rebuild the unit's morale. How successful he was in this remains to be seen.
FedCom Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War the Penobscot CTM repeatedly skirmished with the 42nd Avalon Hussars on Timbiqui. After losing several of these fights, the Penobscot CTM withdrew to Cavanaugh II to support Margrave Richard Steiner. Colonel Metzger's DropShip had to make an emergency landing on the world and the CTM was placed in a bad position on the planet. The 42nd followed the CTM to Cavanaugh, and over the course of the next year, the pro-Victor unit defeated the Penobscot CTM in detail.
The Penobscot CTM uses the heavily forested woodlands of Penobscot to their advantage, hiding the movement of their forces.
Penobscot TMM (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
Penobscot Tamarind March Militia (Green/Reliable) 
- CO: Leftenant General Hannes Kemble 
Penobscot CTM (1 Regiment/Green/Reliable)
Penobscot Armor Brigade (2 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Peregrine Nezri
Penobscot Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Maria Duarte
- War of 3039, p. 160. Table shows Penobscot TMM as "Not Formed".
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 113 - "Militia Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 176
- 20 Year Update, p. 28, "Penobscot Command"
- 20-Year Update, p. 28
- Objective Raids, p. 20
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 179, "Cavanaugh II Theater"