- First BattleTech Expansion - Flashpoint - Arrives November 27th
- Update From Catalyst On The New BattleTech Box Sets
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- Read more →
|Died||20 March 3027|
Peter Armstrong was a Federated Suns-affiliated MechWarrior on Solaris VII, and a member of Philip Capet's "Capellan Mafia" group. Following the retirement of legendary champion Gray Noton after 3022, Armstrong - like Capet, Hans Moder, and Billy Wolfson - was considered a "major competitor" for the title.
However, Armstrong was defeated in an arena duel set in The Factory against Justin Allard on 20 March 3027. It turned out that Armstrong did not survive the destruction of his 'Mech (a Griffin he called Ares).
Despite his loyalty to House Davion, MIIO head Quintus Allard felt that Armstrong had been a "problematic" character (like all six Davion-affiliated gladiator MechWarriors Justin Xiang Allard had killed by that time, including Billy Wolfson) and was happy to be rid of him, implying Armstrong was either a criminal, a troublemaker or otherwise a liability to House Davion.
Peter Armstrong had a wife and a daughter. His wife remarried to a surgeon named Roy Lear, and Armstrong's daughter was adopted though she initially refused to change her name as she idolized her father (as well as Philip Capet and Billy Wolfson) as martyrs. When Justin Allard was later revealed as a double agent and hero, his opponents including Armstrong were denounced traitors and she changed her name to Deirdre Lear. She would later meet and eventually marry Justin Allard's son, Kai Allard-Liao, despite initially hating him because his father had killed hers.
- Solaris VII Player's Handbook, p. 13
- Warrior: En Garde, chapter 22
- Warrior: En Garde, chapter 36
- Blood Legacy, capter 21