Peter Marik (25th c.)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
- This article is about the 12th Captain-General of the Free Worlds League. For the 9th Captain-General, see Peter Marik.
|Peter Marik II|
| Captain-General of the Free Worlds League|
Speaker of the Parliament
|Parents||Peter Marik I (father)|
|Siblings|| Bruce Marik|
Peter Marik came to power following his brother Terrence's retirement. In 2440, Terrence called a meeting of House Marik at the family estate at Dormuth on Marik. Peter supported Terrence's daughter Micaela, but her poor attitude led many of the Mariks to seek another candidate. Peter's son George spoke on Peter's behalf, a discussion that Micaela verbally escalated until she accused Peter of cowardice. Terrence, heretofore silent, became enraged upon hearing his daughter insult his brother. He ordered the two to duel. The sixty-two year-old Peter bested the thirty-nine year-old Micaela, proving his worthiness to become Captain-General.
Peter served as a Member of Parliament representing the Marik Commonwealth and, sometimes, as Captain-General. He was elected Speaker of the House in 2446, the only person to serve as both Speaker and Captain-General concurrently. Perhaps Peter's greatest legacy came in his role as an MP. The Marik succeeded in getting legislation passed that allowed individuals who lived in systems captured by the League to become citizens. The Liberation Act of 2448 virtually eliminated civilians exoduses off captured worlds, allowing their economies to recover much more quickly.
Peter's first term as Captain-General was in 2441. He led a counteroffensive against the Lyran Commonwealth that liberated Kamenz and Bolan, though his son was killed on Bolan. During his second term in 2446, he conquered Halfway and Smolnik. He stopped there, content to organize a good defense against Lyran attacks. During his later terms, he campaigned against the Capellan Confederation.
Death and afterward
Titles and Positions
|Captain-General of the Free Worlds League
2441 (first term)
2446 (second term)
2448—2449 (third term)
| Succeeded by|
|Speaker of the Parliament
| Succeeded by|
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 84, "Captain-Generals in History"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 16
- Handbook: House Marik, pp. 18-19, "A Reluctant Hero"
- Handbook: House Marik has two different dates for Peter's death. The narrative history states that he died in 2468, but the sidebar on Captain-General states the year of his death as 2460. 2460 is the date given in House Marik (The Free Worlds League).