- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3070)|
|CO||Major Roland Pike|
Pike's Pikemen was a small mercenary command that specialized in cadre and garrison duties. They were frequently employed by Periphery powers including the Magistracy of Canopus, Taurian Concordat, and Fronc Reaches. They were valued for their skill in training militia commands as well as their fighting skills.
The commanding officer of Pike's Pikemen was Major Roland Pike. The unit's executive officer was Roland's wife, and the aerospace contingent was commanded by Roland's daughter. The armor unit was commanded by Roland's son-in-law. Despite this seeming nepotism, the unit functioned well together and no one thought they were getting a raw deal.
Specialists in training, defensive, and anti-'Mech/anti-vehicle tactics.
The Pikemen (Reinforced Company/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Major Roland Pike
The Bowmen (Two Lances/Green/Reliable)
The Swordsmen (2 Companies/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Captain Brett Dibell
The Lancemen (Reinforced Company/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Captain Johnathan Pike-Gifford
If any of the commanders are on the field, the Pikemen gain a +1 bonus to initiative rolls. Doesn't stack with multiple commanders on field. All members of the Pikemen get a +1 to their Training skill.
For every full lance of 'Mechs they field, the Pikemen can either gain an armed IndustrialMech with a Green pilot, or use the Force the Initiative special ability for the first ten turns of a scenario.
The armored unit (the Lancemen) has the Zone of Control special ability. When defending, they have up to half their units placed as Hidden Units.
All infantry forces (the Swordsmen) have anti-'Mech training. They cannot field more than three squads of battle armor. For every three platoons of Swordsmen on the field, the controlling player gets an extra green rifle platoon of local militia with anti-'Mech training.
- Unit Digest: Pikes Pikemen, p. 3
- Scenario: Wall of Pikes, p. 3
- Unit Digest: Pikes Pikemen, pp. 3-4
- Unit Digest: Pike's Pikemen, p. 3, "Defense Force Profile"
- Unit Digest: Pikes Pikemen, p. 5