- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Jade Falcon|
|Jump Jets||Unknown Type|
The Pitbull was an experimental design first introduced by Clan Jade Falcon in 3065. The Pitbull is a jump-capable 'Mech incorporating a variety of ballistic and energy weapons to keep it effective at any range. The 'Mech's prime configuration is slow for its weight, with it only able to reach about 62 kph. Its armor is average at twelve tons, and it has the capability to upgrade to an Advanced Gyro or Advanced Optics.
Weapons and Equipment
The Pitbull mounts a Light PPC in each arm for engaging targets at long range. As it closes on targets, it can bring the rest of its armament to bear. Two Heavy Medium Lasers in its right and left torsos and an LB 20-X AC above the head provide exceptional short range firepower. A Heavy Machine Gun in each arm gives it anti-infantry capabilities. Seven additional Double Heat Sinks keep the 'Mech's heat under control.
There are no known variants of the Pitbull.
This BattleMech was published in an official BattleTech product, namely the MekPak 3 expansion for the MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries video game. However, although official, computer games are not considered among the sources for Canon unless the information is expressly confirmed as canonical elsewhere. By virtue of being an official albeit not positively canonical product, the game expansion and the 'Mechs presented therein including this one must be considered apocryphal.
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries MekPak 3 Expansion