A Point is the basic Clan military formation and was considered by Nicholas Kerensky to be the smallest effective deployment of any military asset, a doctrine which has remained unchanged since its introduction. Points are commanded by a Point Commander, except for naval Points, which are either commanded by a Star Commodore in the case of WarShips or a Star Captain in the case of JumpShips and DropShips.
A Point can consist of one of the following:
- One OmniMech or BattleMech.
- Two OmniFighters. Both will always be of the same design though not necessarily of the same configuration,
- Two Combat Vehicles.
- Five Battle Armored Elementals. Elementals are rarely deployed in anything less than Point strength to maximize their lethality.
- Twenty-five conventional infantry. These are organized into five five-man squads, one of which serves as the Point's command squad.
- Five ProtoMechs
- One Vessel (WarShip, JumpShip, DropShip)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Field Manual: Warden Clan, p. 11
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clan, p. 10
- ↑ Field Manual: Warden Clan, p. 13
- ↑ Field Manual: Crusader Clan, p. 11
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 10
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 8
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 9