- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||One-Shot|
Introduced in 3050 by the Federated Commonwealth, the Pop-Up Mine is a specialized anti-'Mech mine launcher and one of the first weapons to be deployed by an Inner Sphere Battle Armor, the Sloth. A magnetized limpet mine using a shaped charge explosive, it is powerful enough to punch through even the heaviest of armor and cause extensive internal damage. However, the weapon has an extremely short attack range; ideally the firer is directly below the target, placing them literally under the proverbial bus. For this reason, the weapon has largely disappeared from the battlefield since production of the Sloth ceased.
- TechManual, p. 319
- TechManual, p. 267