- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||One-Shot|
Introduced in 3050 by the Federated Commonwealth, the Pop-Up Mine is a specialized anti-'Mech mine launcher and one of the first weapons to be deployed by an Inner Sphere Battle Armor, the Sloth. A magnetized limpet mine using a shaped charge explosive, it is powerful enough to punch through even the heaviest of armor and cause extensive internal damage. However the weapon has an extremely short attack range; ideally the firer is directly below the target, placing them literally under the proverbial bus. For this reason the weapon has largely disappeared from the battlefield since production of the Sloth ceased.
- TechManual, p. 319
- TechManual, p. 267