Portable Machine Gun
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Portable Machine Guns are light enough to be carried and fired by a single trooper. They are the single most common squad support weapon, alongside the Compact Grenade Launcher, with both often deployed in the same squad. However, these weapons consume tremendous amounts of ammunition, requiring either a dedicated squad member or vehicle for resupply needs.
- Item:Machine Gun, Portable
- Equipment Rating: C/B-B-B/D
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 5B/4B
- Range: 30/85/200/460 meters
- Shots: 75
- Cost/Reload: 1000/10
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 11.5kg/3kg
- Notes: Burst 15; Recoil -2; Encumbering
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 137, "Portable Machine Gun"
- A Time of War, p. 273, "Machine Gun Support Weapons - Table"