- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
Precision ammunition can be used in standard autocannons and their lighter cousins. Scientists from the Federated Suns managed to modify autocannon ammunition to accommodate a gyrojet shell that can correct its course in mid-flight, but the course correction system increased the mass of each shell. Debuting in 3062, precision ammo soon found its way into the armies of other nations.
In CBT play, precision ammunition grants the firer a 2 point reduction to the Target Movement Modifier. This comes at a cost, however, of only being able to carry half as many rounds per ton (round down).
- TechManual, pp. 207-208, "Autocannon"
- Total Warfare, p. 142, "Precision Ammunition"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 159, "Precision Ammunition"