- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Type||Direct Fire, Ballistic|
|Tech Base||Clan Advanced|
|Space Slots||1 (Main Gun only)|
|Ammo Per Ton||20|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||4,800|
|BV (2.0)||49 (ProtoAC)/ 6 (ammo)|
To create a full range of ProtoMech weapon options, Clan Blood Spirit scientists returned to early efforts to create smaller and lighter autocannon. Though designed for ProtoMechs, the Spirit scientists made sure to create a weapon system that was compatible with larger combat units as well. The ProtoMech Autocannon/4 is the medium weapon in this family.
As this is a Clan weapon system that is still undergoing trials, there is no model information available.
The ProtoMech Autocannon functions as a standard autocannon. When mounted on ProtoMechs and vehicles, these autocannons do not generate heat. ProtoMechs can only carry Proto-ACs as a Main Gun option. When mounted on a ProtoMech, these weapons can carry ammunition by the shot rather than the ton. Divide the number of shots per ton (20) by 1000 to find out how much each individual shot weighs in kilograms.
- Tactical Operations, p. 286, "ProtoMech Autocannons (Proto-AC)"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404-405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 284, "Artillery"