(References to Quantraine)
Quantraine neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Avian|
|HPG (Representative)||D (Precentor Patrick Lograin)|
 Owner History
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2583 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2585 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2596 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2750 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3025 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3030 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3040 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3050 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3052 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3054 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3057 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3059 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3062 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3063 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3067 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3081 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
 Planetary History
Quantraine was a world within the Outworlds Alliance when Operation UNION HOLD began in 2581. After the major Periphery states rejected the Pollux Proclamation in 2575, the Star League began planning for the forced incorporation of all of the Periphery nations into the Star League. Operation UNION HOLD was the name given to the invasion of the Outworlds Alliance, which saw two corps of Star League Defense Force troops and a mixed brigade of DCMS forces begin systematically occupying Alliance worlds. Quantraine escaped the attentions of the the Star League and Combine forces - collectively referred to as the Outworlds Alliance Task Force - until the second half of 2583.
The Star League component of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force had begun actively raiding Alliance worlds in early 2583, rather than attempting to occupy every world; whilst worlds like Ki Zoban, Cerberus and Lushann had been occupied or were heavily contested, the commanding officer of the Task Force, General Amos Forlough, had mobilised V Corps and elements of II Corps on seek and destroy missions which targetted the civilian population and infrastructure of many more Alliance worlds. Tasked primarily with destroying towns, hamlets and industry, these raids included destroying any militia forces encountered as only a secondary objective to that of destroying the will and ability of the Alliance population to fight. Between March and June SLDF troops savaged the worlds of Dindatari, Mitchella, Morthac, Quatre Belle and Quiberas.
In response to the campaign of devastation being waged by Forlough, Coordinator Hehiro Kurita pressured the commander of the DCMS mixed brigade supporting the Task Force to push further into the interior of the Alliance, having annexed the worlds of Kazanka, Zlatousi and Nexus Ri in early 2583. Sho-sho Igushi's forces had been cut off from the SLDF supply chain after withdrawing supplies contributed by the Draconis Combine to the Task Force to fuel their earlier conquests, which had reduced their supplies to a slow trickle from within the Combine and whatever they could source locally; despite this, in the fourth week of July Igushi ordered attacks on three more Alliance worlds: Milligan's World, Prinis Prime and Quantraine. The 4th Galedon Regulars left their garrisons on Nexus Ri and attacked Quantraine; the 4th had faced elements of the 2nd Armored Division on Nexus Ri, but the entire of the 2nd was now on Quantraine, and augmenting the 2nd Armored forces was a substantial local militia. The widespread executions of Alliance civilians which began on Medron and continued on other occupied worlds such as Valentina had increased militia enlistment tenfold; on Quantraine, that manifested in a militia strong with armor and infantry regiments, and which had been trained by experienced AFFS officers loaned to the Alliance by the Federated Suns as a part of the secret Tancredi Accord.
Unlike the earlier battles on Nexus Ri, the Combine BattleMechs were prevented from using their superior mobility against the 2nd Armored Division because the Alliance defenders were so well dug in. When the 4th Galedon Regulars attempted to follow Forlough's pattern of attacking the civilian population, Alliance infantry used anti-'Mech tactics to cripple the 4th's advance forces and slow them while the 2nd Armored redeployed to blunt the 4th's attacks. Although the 4th made some progress, the Alliance forces continued to grind them down, and the 4th Galedon Regulars simply couldn't get reinforcements and supplies quickly enough to support this pattern of warfare. Whereas the 4th Galedon Regulars had managed to outlast the 2nd Armored Division on Nexus Ri, by the time the campaign to take Quantraine had stretched from August through to the end of October the Combine forces were exhausted, and Igushi ordered his forces to retreat in early November.
The combine forces were driven off Milligan's World, Prinis Prime and Quantraine, and Igushi reported the three failed invasions to both the Coordinator and General Forlough as completely successful reconnaissance raids which had inflicted heavy damage on the Alliance defenders. Kurita's response was to banish Igushi to a Combine backwater and replace him with Sho-sho Rimas Nelsson, while providing no additional support to enable combat operations.
While Sho-sho Nelsson's forces would try attacking Quantraine again in 2584 at the urging of the new Task Force commander, Major General Franklin Barnex, Quantraine resisted this last major Combine attack and elements of the 2nd Armored Division where deployed to Cerberus to assist the resistance there. Quantraine remained otherwise safe from raids and attacks other than the occasional Combine show of force until peace was declared with the Treaty of Cerberus in August 2585.
Sometime after the Star League fell, Quantraine lost its population and fell off the maps. It wasn't until the early Third Succession War that the world was recolonized. These new colonists sought to take advantage of the plentiful mineral ores and gemstones. These colonists were killed in 3014 by a group of mercenaries who had left House Kurita's employ. Two years later a new wave of colonists arrived on the world and began to use the gemstones and mineral exports to build the colony anew. These new colonists began to prosper, but in 3020 several offworld traders brought a virulent blood plague with them, and 60% of the population was killed. As a result, Quantraine didn't become the center of the Islamic faith in the Alliance, and the people of Quantraine became very xenophobic.
 Military Garrison
Outworlds Alliance Militia garrison force
Outworlds Alliance Militia garrison force
- Elements of the 2nd Armored Division
 Nearby Planets
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 121, "Quantraine"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Historical: Reunification War, p. 125, "Kurita's Overeager Appetite"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ The Periphery (sourcebook), p.156, "The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns After Third Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns After Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Hanbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns After the War of "
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p.46, "Map of Periphery States: The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- ↑ Inner Sphere, p. 97, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns After FedCom Civil War "
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Field Report: Clans, p. 30, "Clan Snow Raven & Outworlds Alliance Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Baby Killers Unleashed"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 119, "Valentina"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 121, "Kazanka, Nexus Ri and Zlatousi"
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 Historical: Reunification War, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Negotiation"
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Reunification War
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition