- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The Queen Bee was an Invader-class JumpShip which was captured - and presumably renamed - by the Killer Bees mercenary unit during their operations in the Alshain Military District of the Draconis Combine during the War of 3039. The cost of maintaining the Queen Bee nearly bankrupted the Killer Bees, leaving the unit desperate for work, with members of the team raising money through outside activities such as show flying to help tide the unit over.
Described in 3067 as being garishly painted, the Queen Bee was the only JumpShip operated by the Killer Bees in 3067, and transported the entirety of the Killer Bees' DropShip fleet, which consisted of a pair of Leopard-class DropShips - the Gall Wasp and the Hornet's Nest - and a Seeker-class DropShip.
The Queen Bee was still in service with the Killer Bees as at late 3071, having taken part in three separate raids on Tukayyid in 3068 as the Killer Bees attempted to rescue not only their own dependents but personnel and dependents from the remains of other units such as the 21st Centauri Lancers and 1st Royal BattleMech Regiment from inside the Word of Blake blockade of the planet.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 82, "Killer Bees: Death By Paper Cuts"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 77, "Killer Bees"