- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
A Recon Camera is a battlefield surveillance camera, though its use in the thirty-first century has declined. Technically a group of multiple visual sensors, a Recon Camera can provide high-resolution holographic data used to map terrain and locate enemy units. Recon Cameras are typically mounted on low-tech platforms, such as the Boomerang or civilian newsvid VTOLs.
The Recon Camera has a maximum range of 18 kilometers and can only be used on the Low Altitude map or ground map. Fliers equipped with a Recon Camera may act as a spotter for LRM Indirect Fire as if it were a TAG. Hidden units that are passed over by a Recon Camera-equipped flier must reveal themselves on an unsuccessful 2d6 roll.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 337-338, "Recon Camera"