Red Keshik (Clan Wolf)
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||The Red Keshik|
|Parent Formation||Tau Galaxy (Dark Age)|
Delta Galaxy (Clan Invasion)
Late Dark Age
|Disbanded|| Ca. 3058|
FedCom Civil War
Rebuilt after the Refusal War to act as the lead Cluster of Tau Galaxy, which had been raised to act as a garrison force, the Red Keshik and the other units of Tau Galaxy spent 3065 and 3066 engaged in battles with both Clan Fire Mandrill and Clan Ice Hellion, as a means of testing themselves.
Wars of Reaving
The Dark Age
The Red Keshik and Tau Galaxy were still a defunct unit at the beginning of the Dark Age, but Clan Wolf rebuilt the Red Keshik in the late Dark Age after the founding of the Wolf Empire. In common with the other elements of Tau Galaxy the Red Keshik was recruited almost entirely from the various graduating classes from 3139 to 3142 of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School. Although Clan Wolf had to put all of the recruits through the Watch for vetting beforehand, making use of such a large pool of trained personnel made sense, and the Wolves streamed more 'Mechs and aerospace fighters into the Keshik and the other elements of Tau Galaxy than would usually be the case for a garrison formation. Despite this act of largess, there still wasn't enough to allow the Keshik to be a full 'Mech Cluster, which meant that the Keshik had to use tank crews and infantry - both less well-trained than the MechWarriors and aerospace pilots - to fill the gaps in their order of battle.
Having mustered Tau Galaxy, the Wolf Empire had kept the Red Keshik and the other elements of the Galaxy focused on the Free Worlds League border, leaving the Twelfth in the invidious position of resenting the quiet posting while also feeling conflicted over the lingering loyalties felt towards the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, which had been responsible for their training. The Empire had little alternative, however; redirecting the Twelfth to the Lyran Commonwealth border would've been the recipe for a diplomatic incident in the making.
As of June 3052, the commanding officer was Galaxy Commander John Ward, who replaced Conal Ward shortly after the Battle of Tukayyid. Aiding both commanders was Star Captain Lorenzo Ghiberti. 
- Trinary Galaxy Command
- Trinary Command Fighter (3 OmniFighter Stars)
Red Keshik (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Galaxy Commander Nowa Vickers
- - At this point in time the Red Keshik was stationed on Tiber in the Clan Homeworlds and was operating at full strength. Although the Keshik lacked any OmniMechs it was fully upgraded with Clan technology.
The Red Keshik (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Galaxy Commander Victoria Connors
- - At this point in time the Red Keshik was stationed on Campbelton and was operating at four-fifths of full strength. Although the Keshik lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 53, "Tau Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Tau Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 157, "Clan Wolf"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 32
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126-127, "Clan Wolf"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 75, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Tau Galaxy"