Laser Reflective Armor
The Experimental Laser Reflective Armor was first created by the Lyran Alliance in 3058, and used in 3061 by Clan Jade Falcon. Also known as Glazed or Reflec armor, the first batch of Laser Reflective Armor was created by accident on a Ferro-Fibrous armor production line. Laser Reflective Armor dissipates energy weapon attacks 50% more efficiently than other armor types, reducing the amount of damage taken by the 'Mech mounting it. Despite the name, Laser Reflective Armor is effective against all energy weapons, not just lasers. PPCs, Flamers, and Plasma Rifles and Cannons are all less effective against it.
Though the armor functions like standard armor against ballistic weapon attacks, it is very brittle. Whenever a 'Mech is physically attacked, falls, or crashes through a building, the armor is half as effective as standard or Ferro-Fibrous armor. This weakness has also been observed in artillery attacks. In addition Armor-Piercing autocannon ammunition, Tandem-Charge missiles, and BattleMech Tasers all have a better chance of penetrating the armor and causing critical damage.
Like the Ferro-Fibrous armor it's based on, Laser Reflective Armor is bulkier than standard armor. In game terms it provides the standard protection per ton, and takes up ten critical slots on a 'Mech. The total damage taken by the armor from energy weapon attacks is rounded down.
Laser Reflective Armor is manufactured on the following worlds:
|ArcShield Reflective||Solaris||Solaris Arms|
|Long-Arms Laser Reflect/Max||Solaris||Unknown|
|Bowie Glinting Blade Reflective||Carlisle||Bowie Industries|
|Unknown||Unknown||Clan Diamond Shark|
- ↑ Tactical Operations, p. 281
- ↑ Tactical Operations, p. 281 Physical attacks, falls, buildings, and artillery strikes inflict twice as much damage on Laser Reflective Armor.
- ↑ Tactical Operations, p. 281 These weapons get a +2 bonus to see if they inflict a critical hit.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 130
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 158
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Mercenaries, p. 3, 6
- ↑ Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 170 - WKT-1S Wildkatze Reflective armor given name.
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 5
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 3