- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Introduced||Early Republic Era|
|Mech type||Clan IndustrialMech|
The Reptar is a light MilitiaMech, designed to serve as a planetary militia 'Mech for the newly formed Escorpion Imperio in the Deep Periphery. It was created by Clan Goliath Scorpion scientists to allow the natives of the Nueva Castile to join the ranks of the Clan and bolster the Imperio's defenses.
Produced at Quixote Industries on Navarre, the Reptar serves as an intermediary design until to the Clan's production facilities can be established. The 'Mech was designed to be partnered with the Araña Quad MilitiaMech as part of the Emperio's garrison forces. The 'Mech was intended only to enter combat if all else fails, as it is usually assigned to protect command and forward observation posts.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed purely as a garrison 'Mech, the Reptar can reach a modest top speed of 86 kph thanks to its Fuel-EX 175 series Fuel Cell power plant. The 'Mech's hull is protected by five tons of civilian Industry-Z Heavy armor, which would allow it to survive combat against lightly armed Deep Periphery military forces.
The Reptar's weaponry are leftovers from the Clan's ProtoMech production program. Its main weapon is a Class 8 ProtoMech Autocannon found in the 'Mech's right arm actuator, supplied with two tons of ammunition. Its anti-infantry weaponry includes a pair of Clan Light Machine Guns, one mounted in each of its side torsos. These weapons are only supplied with half a ton of ammunition.
The Reptar has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Reptar
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-109 & 116 Reptar - BV2
- MUL profile for the Reptar - Includes BV2 and era it was introduced.
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-109 & 116 Reptar - Background
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-109 & 116 Reptar - Stats