- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Clan (Advanced)|
|Introduced||Early Republic Era|
|Top Speed||86 km/h|
|Equipment||Advanced Fire Control|
The Reptar is a light MilitiaMech, designed to serve as a planetary militia 'Mech for the newly formed Escorpion Imperio in the Deep Periphery. It was created by Clan Goliath Scorpion scientists to allow the natives of the Nueva Castile to join the ranks of the Clan and bolster the Imperio's defenses.
Produced at Quixote Industries on Navarre, the Reptar serves as an intermediary design until to the Clan's production facilities can be established. The 'Mech was designed to be partnered with the Araña Quad MilitiaMech as part of the Emperio's garrison forces. The 'Mech was intended only to enter combat if all else fails, as it is usually assigned to protect command and forward observation posts.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed purely as a garrison 'Mech, the Reptar can reach a modest top speed of 86 kph thanks to its Fuel-EX 175 series Fuel Cell power plant. The 'Mech's hull is protected by five tons of civilian Industry-Z Heavy armor, which would allow it to survive combat against lightly armed Deep Periphery military forces.
The Reptar's weaponry are leftovers from the Clan's ProtoMech production program. Its main weapon is a Class 8 ProtoMech Autocannon found in the 'Mech's right arm actuator, supplied with two tons of ammunition. Its anti-infantry weaponry includes a pair of Clan Light Machine Guns, one mounted in each of its side torsos. These weapons are only supplied with half a ton of ammunition.
The Reptar has the following Design Quirks:
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-109 & 116 Reptar - BV2
- MUL profile for the Reptar - Includes BV2 and era it was introduced.
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-109 & 116 Reptar - Background
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-109 & 116 Reptar - Stats