- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about Rim Worlds Army unit. For Tikonov Free Republic formation, see Tikonov Republican Guards.
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Rim Worlds Army|
The Republican Guards were the workhorse units of the Rim Worlds Army. They were formed in the middle of the twenty-third century as the Amaris Republican Guard. Though they participated in the Reunification War they suffered little damage and quickly rebuilt. In 2765 each of the Guards units was actually a Division sized formation that consisted of four BattleMech and five mechanized infantry regiments. The Guards were broken down into mixed unit brigades and stationed in former SLDF Castles Brian on Republican worlds.
There was some variation in the unit composition: The First Guards had six regiments of 'Mechs and three of infantry, while the Fourth Guards had traded two of their mechanized infantry regiments for two zero-g trained jump infantry regiments.
Units of the Republican Guards
- First Republican Guards
- Second Republican Guards
- Third Republican Guards
- Fourth Republican Guards
- Fifth Republican Guards
- Sixth Republican Guards
- 203rd Republican Guards Division (The Sword of Saddam) 
Color Scheme and Insignia
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 19, "Republican Guards - Divisional Status"
- Comstar, p. 9