Rho Galaxy (Clan Ghost Bear)
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Ghost Bear Touman|
Rho Galaxy fought Clan Hell's Horses' Alpha Galaxy for control of the Horses' main 'Mech production facility in 3048. The losses Rho took were so severe that it was left out of Operation Revival and remained in Clan space as the Ghost Bears' Homeworld defense force.
During the Ghost Bear assault on Luthien in December 3074, Rho Galaxy was the key to destroying the 32nd Division's battle line. In the process they ruined the Takashi Memorial Spaceport. During their attack, Rho Galaxy simply dropped on top of the 32nd Division's positions. They quickly destroyed most (75%+) of the Blakist forces there, and spent the next few hours executing the remainder. Fires the intense combat created burned for four days after the conflict ended.
In 3077, Rho Galaxy traveled to Dieron and served as the main reserve force for the Ghost Bears. They saw little combat for the first month; their only opponent was the 8th Dieron Regulars which fought with the members of the Galaxy over Word of Blake prisoners. Shortly thereafter the Blakist 3rd Division attacked Rho Galaxy and killed most of their higher level commanders. Cast into confusion, Rho Galaxy counter-attacked without any plan or coordination with other Ghost Bear or Combine units, which allowed the 2nd and 3rd Divisions to withdraw from Dieron.
As of 3061 the commanding officer was Galaxy Commander Michael Hawkins, who replaced previous commander Kassandra Gurdel, killed in 3054. Michael Hawkins remained the Galaxy Commander in both the Luthien and Dieron campaigns, but is presumed to have been killed in the fighting in 3077.
Decades of garrison duty have allowed Rho Galaxy to specialize in defensive tactics, while the fact that it consists entirely of Battle Clusters gives it a strong backbone of medium-weight 'Mechs with maneuverability to flank and envelop an attacker before they reach their target.
- Kabrinski's Keshik
- 18th Battle
- 243rd Battle
- 283rd Battle
- 297th Battle
- 300th Battle
 Game Rules
- During the Battle of Luthien, the Galaxy's units enjoy a positive to-hit modifier against all non-BattleMech targets. Also, elements may be selected from the Ghost Bear Random Access Table (RAT) in Total Warfare, p. 267, and the respective tables in Field Manual: Warden Clans and Field Manual: Updates.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 91, "Rho Galaxy Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 7, "Rho Galaxy [Clan Ghost Bear]"
- ↑ Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 11, "Damnation"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 7, "Rho Galaxy [Clan Ghost Bear]"